JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try selling to a taxidermist - you probably won't get anywhere near the $90 you were thinking in your first post - more like $20-$30

As for spots, I've seen a few on private land in Jasper.

nobody has pm ed me with all their secret spots yet. or who to sell the pelts to... hmmm

OK, OK, I give....Head into the Coast Range, go right on the gravel road that dead ends near the top of the hill with the two big trees and one big stump. Park there and take the deer trail to your left heading downhill, go about 300yds, when it forks take the right fork for about 50yds and you're there ! The coyote den is another 200yds out and they will come to you shortly after you start calling. Be ready ! :D

Seriously, any livestock ranch is a good source (with permission, of course) and scouting the Coast Range will net you some good spots. I hunt the Coast Range only because it's closer than eastern OR. I'm sure eastern WA/OR is probably better with all the open country out there.

Happy hunting :s0155:

thanks for the info. i only said 90 bucks because i herd that number from a guy at the sportmans show and from another the same amount. so it must be in the air.. even 20 would be fine by me though. now i need some private land and a permission slip.

Seriously, any livestock ranch is a good source (with permission, of course) and scouting the Coast Range will net you some good spots. I hunt the Coast Range only because it's closer than eastern OR. I'm sure eastern WA/OR is probably better with all the open country out there.

Any idea where I can find some livestock ranches in western washington by chance? I am curious about where to take the carcasses/pelts once harvested as well though. Or is that info categorized with asking ppl about the "special hunting spots"?

PS I didn't ask those questions to be a smart alec. I honestly don't know where to find livestock ranches, or people that buy furs.

As I under stand the situation, Coyotes are not game animals, so regular hunting regulations only apply in that you need a hunting license unless you are on private property. So, any gun, any ammo, any magazine should be OK as long as you are not out in the forest during deer or elk season.

Was that post even directed at you? No it was not.Mind your own business dude unless someone is talking to you! .It was simple,everyone has an opinion that's all.What was not spelled right?

Fur prices have been down over the last couple of years. Prices are starting to go back up. It mostly depends on the international fur trade and what is being used for clothing. As I understand it, fur from things like lynx and other cats is selling well, but they mostly want the belly fur. Coyote pelts can bring a good price if they are in excelent condition, but that is the exception rather than the rule right now. Predatorxtreme magazine has a whole column on fur trade, and I think it is avaliable online at predatorxtreme.com if you want to check it out.

OK, OK, I give....Head into the Coast Range, go right on the gravel road that dead ends near the top of the hill with the two big trees and one big stump. Park there and take the deer trail to your left heading downhill, go about 300yds, when it forks take the right fork for about 50yds and you're there ! The coyote den is another 200yds out and they will come to you shortly after you start calling. Be ready ! :D

Now is that the road with the tree on the side and a huckleberry bush on the other?:huh:

I see coyote dung everywhere I walk in the woods. Except when there is bear dung bigger than my #13.Then the poo somewhere else.
Coyotes are everywhere.Getting a good shooting place is a little different.
And for the question of being a nuisance,one guy was talking about coyotes helping with the birthing of his calves.They breed almost as good as rabbits and can have something like 4 litters a year? At 6+ pups a litter,they ad up fast.

Now is that the road with the tree on the side and a huckleberry bush on the other?:huh:

I see coyote dung everywhere I walk in the woods. Except when there is bear dung bigger than my #13.Then the poo somewhere else.
Coyotes are everywhere.Getting a good shooting place is a little different.
And for the question of being a nuisance,one guy was talking about coyotes helping with the birthing of his calves.They breed almost as good as rabbits and can have something like 4 litters a year? At 6+ pups a litter,they ad up fast.

A couple of my buddies got two yotes this weekend. One of them works on a dairy farm. They called two of them in with a cow (elk) call. Shot the first one easy. The second ran off to about 150 yards and stopped when they used the call. It took 4 shots off hand and open sights to hit it but it would stop and look at them after every shot. Stupid animal wanted to die I guess:)

I been "back on the farm" in E.W. for near enough a year now and these are some of the sits we've had.
Pure bred Pomeranian ($800) let out for 10 min before bed... gone.
Chickens in fenced run... now and then one escapes, find feathers in morning within 80 yds., Need mousers on a farm... avg. life expect, 2-3 months for an adult cat. Looked out the kitchen window cause I saw a mag pie diving on what I thought was a tumble weed, grabbed bino's and saw a fat yote, not a tumble weed, by the creek ripping the black head and neck off a nesting Goose we were getting quite fond of. Deer yes we find the remains in the tall creek grass.. your missing tabby signs on telephone poles might as well say "coyote snack". Yotes are cute and part of the great PNW... but they ARE predators... Happy hunting guys. In Wa. you will need a general hunting license, should cover Yotes, & grouse for about $36+/- and add general dear for around $45.00 check your hunting guide, and ASK, don't trespass.
A1:s0155:

Sorry to revive an old thread here... I am hunting for the first year ever (elk and deer/archery) and found coyotes on a trail cam. I'd like to verify here... You can hunt them on public property (forest), with any normal gun (270win with 110v-max), during daytime only or can you do night time? I probably need barney level explanation, I already think the government is trying to kill me, the last thing I want is be arrested for "hiding in bushes with a gun" or something like that and have it used against me in my custody battle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top