JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone heard about this yet?

derby ad 1.jpg

derby ad 1.jpg

Sport killing is demented. You need mental to seek mental help.

I'm as big of a Pro-2A person as can be, and this is simply horrible and also not good for gun rights.

I would encourage people to take a step back and think about murdering something for sport - how can you feel good about yourself?

People justify a lot of pretty aweful things.

How can anyone own a gun? The only purpose they serve is to kill someone......Think that was an ignorant statement? So was yours. Please educate yourself before spouting off about something you disagree with and lack knowledge about. Otherwise you're just as bad as the anti 2A crowd. Please take you're grievances to a more appropriate venue.

I'm as big of a Pro-2A person as can be, and this is simply horrible and also not good for gun rights.

I would encourage people to take a step back and think about murdering something for sport - how can you feel good about yourself?

You apparently do not own livestock.

Considering that the last time I spoke with a game warden I asked what their position was on coyote hunting he said please by all means kill as many of them as you can - a good portion of their budget goes to pay for trappers to control the population - especially in and around larger cities. You would not believe the uproar every time coyotes start eating the neighborhood pets. Aside from pets, losses of livestock and poultry is all to common.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I present to you 'LeadCounsel', who, by his own words and admission, has no grasp or understanding of the realities of living in the rural west.

His abject shock and horror at the necessary tradition and sport of eliminating predators begs the question and the inquisitive wonder of what his reaction would be to the shocking awareness that male livestock routinely have their testicles removed by force, by clamping atrophy or by blade.

I shudder to think of the spontaneous trembling and urination caused by the revelation of where bacon and eggs come from.

I hereby remand leadcounsel back to the safety and cover of the urban apron strings from which he sprung, until the morning dawns where the milk mustache is dry and flaked off and the understanding of the birds and the bees, the circle of life, good guys and bad guys, good critters and bad critters, and life and death is fully complete.

Sweet dreams, leadcounsel. I've got the chickens covered so there will be eggs in the morning. I hope the derby entrants nail a bumper crop so the sleep comes easier.

I'm a coyote hunter, and I take a stockman's view of predator control. However, making it a competition puts pressure on the participants to cut corners when it comes to ethics. If a brand new rifle worth $500 is on the line, is it just possible that some of our sporting brethren might be tempted to trespass, shoot from a road, etc? I'm not a big fan of this type of event.

So killing a predatory vermin is demented, and dressing up in a suit and tie and making a living protecting predatory human vermin makes you sleep well, makes perfect sence to me.

If a brand new rifle worth $500 is on the line, is it just possible that some of our sporting brethren might be tempted to trespass, shoot from a road, etc? I'm not a big fan of this type of event.

Totally agree. Every watch bass fishing tournaments? Nothing but dishonest sportsmen tossing dynamite into a lake. Horrible. You know that because this event involves guns that it will be even more murderous and unethical.

Totally agree. Every watch bass fishing tournaments? Nothing but dishonest sportsmen tossing dynamite into a lake. Horrible. You know that because this event involves guns that it will be even more murderous and unethical.

Actually, I used to host bass tournaments at my marina in the Ozarks. For Mid America we had 600 boats. And yeah, there were some corners cut because money was at stake. And it was only after I started playing tournament paintball for cash prizes that I encountered blatant cheating there as well. I remain, not a fan.

And Hitler justified killing Jews. The things crazy people do to justify their entertainment baffles me.

I'm not delusional and know where food comes from. When you eat these coyotes then you can justify blasting away at them. Otherwise I stand by my position that taking pleasure in making other creatures, big or small, suffer and die is sick and twisted. Mock me if you will.

I think that Jesus would frown upon your waste of his creatures.

If you lived in the Hillsboro Oregon area as I do you would know about the overpopulation problem with coyotes here. If nothing is done they will be taking pets and children next . Oregon used to pay bounty on a set of yote" ears but they are to cheap nowadays and do not seem to care about the problem.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top