JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is from the National Coyote Calling Competition in Elkton, ID. I have my doubts that Willamette Valley Arms will have such a successful turnout.

Elkton coyote.jpg

Elkton coyote.jpg

If you lived in the Hillsboro Oregon area as I do you would know about the overpopulation problem with coyotes here. If nothing is done they will be taking pets and children next . Oregon used to pay bounty on a set of yote" ears but they are to cheap nowadays and do not seem to care about the problem.

I didn't realize this! There are places to shoot coyotes around here? Not necessarily for the competition, but I'd LOVE a chance to shoot some! If someone needs a partner for this in the Hillsboro area, I can make myself available :)

And Hitler justified killing Jews. The things crazy people do to justify their entertainment baffles me.

I'm not delusional and know where food comes from. When you eat these coyotes then you can justify blasting away at them. Otherwise I stand by my position that taking pleasure in making other creatures, big or small, suffer and die is sick and twisted. Mock me if you will.

I think that Jesus would frown upon your waste of his creatures.

I may not be the most biblically literate, but I'm pretty sure Jesus (jeshua, whatever you wanna call him) was into protecting the flock. Being a good shepherd and whatnot.

Also, Jesus wouldn't eat a 'yote, the little bastards aren't kosher.

And Hitler justified killing Jews. The things crazy people do to justify their entertainment baffles me.

I'm not delusional and know where food comes from. When you eat these coyotes then you can justify blasting away at them. Otherwise I stand by my position that taking pleasure in making other creatures, big or small, suffer and die is sick and twisted. Mock me if you will.

This is perhaps the most ignorant of your posts on the subject.
Is there ever a need for responsible vector control?
If the population of a vermin such as a coyote needs control, do you suggest poisoning? traps? Perhaps a well placed 22.250 round is a far more humane way of dispatching them. And if you are a farmer/rancher, perhaps encouraging a group to come and help you with the problem is the most efficient and affordable manner in which to do it.
And for good measure lets also observe that not many folks eat coyote (though some do) but the fur will for sure go to good use.
Then there is your comparison of hitler to our hunters and the Jews to coyotes. Also less than an intellectual remark.
Don't be such a metrosexual.

Did you really just compare Jews to wild dogs? You're an anti-Semite.

No I'm pretty sure he was comparing responsible hunters to Hitler. Which violates several of the rules on this forum, to include:

1. Spamming, trolling, flaming, personal attacks, and distasteful material are prohibited.

2. Inappropriate language, images, and conversation have no place on this website.

9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

Hopefully Joe takes some action on this fellow and gives him the boot or at least a time-out.

And Coyotes are a major problem in Oregon, ESPECIALLY as said before in Hillsboro. I've chased several across the airport in a helicopter to get them off the runway. If they are ballsy enough to face down a helicopter or a jet, a small kid is no problem.

In College forensic class the professor told us we will know when we have won when the other side compares us to Hitler, calls us a Nazi or says Jesus would be upset.

Personally, I can't stand "sport hunting". If you're going to kill an animal, it should be for a purpose. To eat is a perfectly valid purpose (my mother grew up on freshly-killed deer and elk,) and population control is another perfectly valid purpose.

Coyotes are a nuisance. And if you kill just a few from a pack, the pack just repopulates more quickly. The only way to wipe out a pack is to wipe out the ENTIRE pack. (I can neither confirm nor deny that the sound of "firecrackers" was or wasn't coyote population control inside Portland city limits officer. I believe it was those hoodlum teenagers in the apartments across the valley...)

Personally, I can't stand "sport hunting". If you're going to kill an animal, it should be for a purpose. To eat is a perfectly valid purpose (my mother grew up on freshly-killed deer and elk,) and population control is another perfectly valid purpose.

Coyotes are a nuisance. And if you kill just a few from a pack, the pack just repopulates more quickly. The only way to wipe out a pack is to wipe out the ENTIRE pack. (I can neither confirm nor deny that the sound of "firecrackers" was or wasn't coyote population control inside Portland city limits officer. I believe it was those hoodlum teenagers in the apartments across the valley...)

There really isn't anything like 'sport hunting' as you have alluded to anymore. Game regulations make it illegal to waste edible parts. I believe the refs even list what you can/cannot abandon. Haven't read that section for a while though.

Sport killing is demented. You need mental to seek mental help.

I'm as big of a Pro-2A person as can be, and this is simply horrible and also not good for gun rights.

I would encourage people to take a step back and think about murdering something for sport - how can you feel good about yourself?

Ive been shooting Coyotes this year because they have moved into our farm and were on the back porch of my boss's house standing 5 feet away from his 2 year old son in the middle of the day so I shot them dead D.E.A.D.DEAD!!!!

Fox pro call and a 22-250 seems to work great..

Their are way more now days then there was 10 years ago. So if you think it's demented for proteching a child then you need help sir..

Umm...my personal experience says otherwise. At my property, +200 acres, I've killed quite a few coyotes. Now, I still hear them once in a while at night, but they don't mess with my cattle, dogs, or wild turkeys anymore.
I know what you've heard. The fact is we (the folks that raise the food that you put on your table) wouldn't keep on shooting these coyotes on sight if it didn't make a positive difference. The misinformation of coyotes over repopulating, comes from someone with their own agenda. One sure bet, those same so called animal activists wont let me shoot a wolf or two (pack animal) because they know I'm right.

Hey lead counsel.
This is a hunting forum.
If you hunt, then you may need to know, that Yotes are hard on fawns, calves, and domestic animals.
Vermin.
So, maybe it's best for you to jump on a human society forum.
Just spit balling here.

This is less of a 'hunting' thread and more of a cold blooded murder thread. Barely a step up from dog fighting, except that it's legal. It's imhumane, pure and simple. You can't guaranteed these animals aren't feeling pain and suffering. You're just shootin' em and letting them suffer and die.

I'll reiterate that I am a strong advocate for the 2A in all forms. I fully support legitmate hunting. I fully support farmers property rights. But this is completely unnecessary and manufactured by sadists who want to go shoot wild dogs and other creatures.

Why don't you couragous "hunters" stalk and fight the 'yotes in a more fair fight say with a bow or even a spear.

Nah, you'd rather sit in the warm comfort of your blind, 100 yards away with your precision scoped rifle and pluck away with abandone and zero risk for as much as a torn article of clothing.

I'd say you should go get your hands bloody.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top