JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A second quarantine site has been identified for the greater Seattle area.

I like where it states they are putting a fence around the Shoreline facility to protect the healthy occupants being quarantined. So much for me wanting to break in for an unscheduled visit and meal!

It seems the Corona Virus has now hit animals!

fond-d-ecran-rigolo-36[1][1].jpg

Just gonna add this to the pot. I am taking one day off then going back to work for 12 hours on Monday. We have a lot of product heading to a customer in China. They want it out yesterday so we can get it gone and get paid before they lock the whole country down, which is expected in the next week or so. This is far worse than is being reported.

Nine members of the same Hong Kong family have been infected with the deadly new coronavirus after sharing a hotpot and barbecue meal.

They made up almost all of the 10 positive cases reported in the city on Sunday after seven people – all members of the family – were confirmed late in the evening as having the infection.

Earlier in the day, a 24-year-old male member of the family and his grandmother were confirmed to have the virus.

I admit to not paying much attention to this until the last couple days, figuring it's a normal virus similar to the flu. I am not wanting to spread any fear, but some of the conspiracies are alarming and making me pay more attention.

Fortunately I have the ability to hunker down if necessary. And have food supplies to last months and can get 10x more if necessary.

This information below is in "conspiracy land" and has been "debunked" by the usual Snopes, Vox, Factcheck, etc. It's worthy of a discussion just the same IMO. But it is conspiracy stuff. Still, I am getting a bit more worried.

This could be nothing.

Or this could be the end of mankind with a bioweapon capable of spreading HIV as easily as the common flu.

My concern was raised when I learned they are using HIV drugs to fight this, and that HIV T-cells have allegedly been found in this virus, and that it has a long incubation period and that it survives in open air for up to 9 days. And that bio weapons virus materials were stolen not long ago from Canada. And that this Kungflu aka Coronavirus is in fact a bio weapon with the deadliness of HIV/AIDS but the transmission of the common flu. It's a bioweapon wet dream, really. Easily transmitted, rugged survival, long incubation, and high death rate.

If all that sounds far fetched, check this out. This is according to Doctor Francis Boyle who has some heavy credentials, including the creator of the US bioweapons act.

My concern was raised when I learned they are using HIV drugs to fight this, and that HIV T-cells have allegedly been found in this virus, and that it has a long incubation period and that it survives in open air for up to 9 days. And that bio weapons virus materials were stolen not long ago from Canada. And that this Kungflu aka Coronavirus is in fact a bio weapon with the deadliness of HIV/AIDS but the transmission of the common flu. It's a bioweapon wet dream, really. Easily transmitted, rugged survival, long incubation, and high death rate.
Viruses do not have T-cells. Coronaviruses consist of a single strand of RNA surrounded by a protein coat.

Some Indian scientists recently published a non-peer reviewed article in which they said they found 4 genes in the virus' genome which were similar to genes of HIV. This article spawned speculation that coronavirus was an engineered bioweapon. However, the Indian scientists were criticized by other scientists for their poor methods and faulty interpretation of the data. The argument against their conclusions that I found most persuasive is that the 4 genes they identified as "HIV like" are very common throughout nature and can also be found in trees and frogs as well as HIV. So, finding the same 4 genes in the 2 viruses is about as strange as finding the words "a" , "and" and "the" in 2 different books.

Furthermore, Canada has denied that any materials were stolen from their lab. The original article making this claim provided no substantiation for its sensationalist headline, nonetheless is was picked up and repeated by various less than reputable sources.

For more info see post 251 in this thread and

I'm not a scientist and cannot speak with authority about such things. As I said, some of this delves into conspiracy theory land. However, linked previously by other member(s) and myself is some fairly alarming theories proposed by at least one or more highly qualified people. One would be foolish to fully ignore it IMO. YMMV>

I'm not a scientist and cannot speak with authority about such things. As I said, some of this delves into conspiracy theory land. However, linked previously by other member(s) and myself is some fairly alarming theories proposed by at least one or more highly qualified people. One would be foolish to fully ignore it IMO. YMMV>
I am not trying to downplay the seriousness of the situation nor am I suggesting that people ignore it. If you review this thread in its entirety, you will see that to the contrary I am quite concerned about the potential consequences of this pandemic. However, after reviewing much of the available information on a daily basis, I am convinced that there is little credible evidence that this virus is an engineered bioweapon. I have a Ph.D. in biology, so I am not automatically impressed by the unsupported opinions of every highly qualified crackpot.

I hadn't seen the info and allegations on the virus theft from Canada, but have heard others present the idea that this was an intentional act to distract folks from piecing together all imploding food supply issues: Swine flu, sugar beets, legumes, beans, corn, onions... US, Asia, Mexico, India, Canada...

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top