JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
First of all, neither the Federal or State Government will save your hairy behind. Most of us are only tax payers in their eyes, "read expendable to some extent". No one saw this virus coming, no vaccine, not enough masks, test equipment, etc. Definitely not a time to play Russian Roulette.

Best bet is to limit one's exposure as much as possible. The reality is many live pay check to pay check and have to work, go to work, travel to work.

A few days ago an email arrived in the inbox. The contents were from various emergency radio communication personal, including Amateur Radio. The short version, the consensus is to stay at home, inside, and lock the doors.

From what I noticed yesterday in Warp, aka "Bend, OR" there is a percentage near the breaking point. My doors are locked.

Foreverlost,

We just got our first know case here in Idaho as of yesterday.Lady that got it in her 50's and has had it a couple weeks. Mild to moderate flu-like symptoms. THATS IT!!! That is what you are going to see in 98% of these cases. Stop freaking out people!!! It IS the flu. People are going to get sick. VERY few are going to die! Practice good hygiene and maybe hunker down if you can. If you can't try to at least keep you distance. Buy TP if you want- you'll need it someday anyway. Buy some extra food- you'll eat it anyway! Have some extra supplies- you should have had them anyway! Go in public if you want. Carry some sanitizer if you want. Be careful you will, most likely, be fine. STOP THE MADNESS though. That FEAR is whats going to kill you not this Virus! IF its your time its your time nothing you can do about that! My heart is right with my Lord. Im not frightened ONE bit!!! Just my 2c!

I agree with what you have to say, but I am thinking the "madness" is two fold. 1. Madness from the left as unstable emotional people that elected emotional politicians who are not "practical"; hence the panic attacks. 2. Lots of "practical" people were prepared before this Cov 19 hit and "topped" off their supplies.

The is the "political" side; from manipulative politicians that want to use the Cov 19 but as a threatening tool to manipulate votes. just my 2 cents.

Just heard from a local guy that there was early morning pushing and shoving here at the west side Portland Winco. Aparently they opened at 8 am and restocked between midnight to 5 0r 6 or so in the AM. In New York City, the great leadership of civilized men and women, there was a video of a fist fight at the Brooklyn Costco where one person was carried out in an ambulance stretcher over a fight for bottled water. Gotta love the role models of the citizens in New York. Really nice people there with a great reputation of being both civilized and humanitarian ?!

Last Edited:
President gives national address with concise and clear directions for management of unprecedented global pandemic with a program well thought out - supported and endorsed by the best minds on the subject...

Kate Brown... (Who just a mere 2 weeks ago scoffed federal preliminary restriction considerations...) now states - 45 minute following Trumps address that he's too little, too late. :rolleyes:

"Blames Pence and the federal government for Oregon's shortcomings in testing and medical preparedness."

I've heard the number one million tests ready to go from Pence and others several times over the last few days. The CDC website says today, March 14, "Combined with other reagents that CDC has procured, there are enough testing kits to test more than 75,000 people." CDC Site

Apparently I don't know what one million means.

I do believe conspiracy theories are against policy, can we keep the thread clean please, no one likes the red banner of doom. :D
Agree. I did not read the article but from the little blurb how is this any different than when bill gates saw the revolution in computers coming and attacked it right before it happened. There is nothing wrong with being smart and having vision. His area of focus seems to be health now not computers from what I understand.

I do believe conspiracy theories are against policy, can we keep the thread clean please, no one likes the red banner of doom. :D
Gee... Theorizing is against The Rules?
Ok.

From what I noticed yesterday in Warp, aka "Bend, OR" there is a percentage near the breaking point. My doors are locked.

Foreverlost,

Near the breaking point:confused: nothings even happened yet, if whats happened so far is breaking them then good riddance

Last Edited:
First of all, neither the Federal or State Government will save your hairy behind. Most of us are only tax payers in their eyes, "read expendable to some extent". No one saw this virus coming, no vaccine, not enough masks, test equipment, etc. Definitely not a time to play Russian Roulette.
Timeline Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) emerged from the Wuhan Province of China on December 1, 2019. The virus' genome was completely sequenced on Jan 3, 2020, and named '2019-nCoV' – later referred to as COVID-19.
A lot of folks saw this coming.

"One reason we believe Oregon is a bit lower in confirmed cases [than Washington] is because testing has been so delayed," said Rachel Gumpert, a spokeswoman for the Oregon Nurses Association, the state's labor union for nurses.
"We are not getting the equipment we need" (Gov) Brown said. "We are not getting the testing resources we need. This coronavirus is exposing cracks — I actually would say canyons — in our federal health care system."

Earth to Brown: We don't have a federal health care system.

Humor.

1584213910883.png

For the folks who think that other folks are taking things a bit too seriously... and for the folks who think that other folks aren't serious enough..
I give you, Sweden. :eek:

Sweden to Stop Publishing Coronavirus Numbers, Deems Them 'Not Important'

You understand, I hope, that they're no longer publishing the numbers because they've concluded it's already out of control in Sweden (and the politicians are trying to cover their posteriors).

"One reason we believe Oregon is a bit lower in confirmed cases [than Washington] is because testing has been so delayed," said Rachel Gumpert, a spokeswoman for the Oregon Nurses Association, the state's labor union for nurses.
"We are not getting the equipment we need" (Gov) Brown said. "We are not getting the testing resources we need. This coronavirus is exposing cracks — I actually would say canyons — in our federal health care system."

Earth to Brown: We don't have a federal health care system.
Exactly! Shifting blame for her inaction on the feds is completely ridiculous in my book. Wa has been much more proactive and had same federal system as Oregon. Weak poeple blame others. And in this case I believe her health authority people are either lazy or incompetent, perhaps both. And her leadership is non-existent and seems to be focused on placating people, hiding the truth, and limiting testing that would otherwise help doctors. I didn't see any tweets coming from WA counties saying don't worry go out and party.

Federal healthcare, it's called the VA. The Fed can't even get that right and she wants to increase the size...typical.

I'm not holding up WA gov as the ideal or anything but at least they listened to what the scientists (and maybe doctors too I dunno) we're saying and took action. It seems like the only action k brown takes is copying things WA is doing when it looks so bad for them that they have to.

Or if you look at the schools. People were voluntarily keeping their kids out of school and teachers also not going to school. In her press realease k brown said "we have little choice because not enough teachers or students are going to school" (my paraphrase, look at actual press release to see her words). So in other words the average person knows more than her and is taking action. She is only responding when forced into a corner. She said she wanted to keep schools open for the sake of getting low income kids lunch. Is that really a legit/smart reason to let the virus spread? Why not make a system to get the lunches to those kids instead of of putting thousands at risk for the smaller number of kids that need lunch?

Last Edited:
I'm not holding WA gov as the ideal or anything but at least they listened to what the scientists (and maybe doctors too I dunno) and took action. It seems like the only action k brown takes is copying things WA doing when it looks so bad for them that they have to.

Or if you look at the schools. People were voluntarily keeping their kids out of school and teachers also not going to school. In her press realease k brown said "we have little choice because not enough teachers or students are going to school" (my paraphrase look at actual press release to see her words). So in other words the average person knows more than her and is taking action. She is only responding when forced into a corner. She said she wanted to keep schools open for the sake of getting low income kids lunch. Is that really a legit smart reason to let the virus spread? Why not make a system to get the lunches to those kids instead of of putting thousands at risk for the smaller number of kids that need lunch?
K. brown...Leading from behind Since 2018.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top