JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the mentality that is beginning to be dominate in LE today and it is disgusting to say the least.
Every day they become more like Nazi SS or Soviet secret police in manner and means to do harm to citizens.
This story is over the top and should not be allowed to be put to rest.
I have respect for good LE, but I despise LE that are like this.

I think the change in LEO's behavior began in the sixties when there were riots and demonstrations on a regular basis. At that time LE agencies had to gear up in "tactical" type gear and that was pretty much uncharted territory. Over time, the creation of SWAT units further reinforced the "tactical mindset". With the event of 9/11, all rules were off and the mindset of us versus them, (already part of the LE philosophy) became further ingrained.

"Peace Officers" became "Law Enforcement Officers somewhere in there; probably in the sixties. The consequences of that philosophical and organizational change has given us what exists today. Over time, the duties of law enforcement have become more and more intrusive and out of control. The "War on Drugs" gave law enforcement an incredible amount of Constitution trampling power and the TPTB wouldn't have it any other way. The Attorney General, the Nation's top LEO is brazenly corrupt and our so called "leaders" are mostly criminals themselves, consequently the behavior of the police is to be expected.

Ruby Ridge, Waco and other "incidents" have shown that the police and alphabet agencies have zero accountability, so the behavior not only continues, it worsens exponentially.

I don't know how to make it change, but sooner or later something really bad is going to happen. After that, it's anybody's guess.

What's going to happen at some point is the police are going to screw with the wrong person, and there's going to be a stack of dead cops at someone's door. After that, the push for gun control - up to forceful confiscation of all "assault weapons" - is going to make the post-Sandy Hook outrage look like a garbage-fueled rant from Oscar on Sesame Street.

I believe a large portion of this behaviour comes from the constant "War on ...." we see to have.
War on Poverty
War on Drugs
War on Prostitution
War on ....

In war, soldiers shoot first. In peace, officers question, investigate and only use force if there is no other choice.

LEO should be on administrative leave pending an IA investigation!!

Or followed home after making those sort of threats. Intimidation can run both ways and most bullies don't expect they will be getting some in return. Not suggesting anything of course, just that it amazes me that people like the LEO in question don't appear to consider such things.

If I was that attorney I'd sue the pants of those officers. Trespassing, threatening private property, unlawful discharge of a firearm in the city limits, cruelty to animals..... Hit them without 15 or twenty possible charges and see how many you can make stick. Hell, public littering of not policing any brass, etc. twist the law the way good attorneys know how.
I know they didn't come back and shoot the dogs but I look at filing any possible suit as if they did, would.
Brutus Out

If I was that attorney I'd sue the pants of those officers. Trespassing, threatening private property, unlawful discharge of a firearm in the city limits, cruelty to animals..... Hit them without 15 or twenty possible charges and see how many you can make stick. Hell, public littering of not policing any brass, etc. twist the law the way good attorneys know how.
I know they didn't come back and shoot the dogs but I look at filing any possible suit as if they did, would.
Brutus Out

Unfortunately what you have listed belong under the criminal justice system A private lawyer only has the civil system available as a weapon.

The only thing more dispicable than a rogue cop is ANY attorney. Until the event is recorded, I
Would hesitate to take on faith the word of a lawyer. May I remind you all that Obama is a law professor.

iphone+028.jpg

The only thing more dispicable than a rogue cop is ANY attorney. Until the event is recorded, I
Would hesitate to take on faith the word of a lawyer. May I remind you all that Obama is a law professor.

Maybe in TV and movies. Some of my best friends are lawyers and I would trust them with anything.

Brutus Out

He should go to the DA and prefer charges, and he should sue the officer(s) in civil court:

Assault
At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law. There is, however, an additional Criminal Law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful Battery.

He should go to the DA and prefer charges, and he should sue the officer(s) in civil court:

I hope he is smart enough to install several hidden cameras and recorders to catch the sob that made the threats against him.
With wireless the recorders dont even need to be on his property. They can go through a router and wireless modem and be recorded 20 or 50 miles away, or anywhere an internet connection can be had.
That way it cannot be found and destroyed. Not expensive to do either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top