Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Cool Stuff

OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Reactions
MIT Aims to Harness Fusion Power Within 15 years ... producing cheap, carbon-free, and nearly unlimited energy through the process that powers the sun

Hmmm - our military builders estimate, or the brainiacs in Boston?

Woodpile Report

x2ndxall

Reactions
MIT Aims to Harness Fusion Power Within 15 years ... producing cheap, carbon-free, and nearly unlimited energy through the process that powers the sun

Hmmm - our military builders estimate, or the brainiacs in Boston?

Woodpile Report
"our military builders" are pretty much always wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions
View attachment 513906
2018: Worlds Largest AirCraft. not yet flown, just performed a 'medium' speed runway test.

How much closer to the camera are the people and the pickup? Cause if they are by the plane, it doesn't appear that large.

Stratolaunch's Rocket Carrier, the Biggest Airplane Ever Built, Aces Fastest Runway Test Yet
Typical media BS. Largest wing span thanks to composite construction might make it the largest wing span in the world, but the largest plane still goes to the Antonov transport. Which did land in Medford last week to pickup some Erickson helicopters to take to New Zealand for firefighting.

is?qXtBXYuYTryWwoVp-_kFUa-kGFKQRbynBHCKPZvDEJE&height=195.jpg

Reactions
I wonder if I could program my home alarm system to play this. :eek:
That is pure music to an old school firefighters ears. You heard that and knew some kind of sh*t was going down and we needed to go deal with it. Pagers and phones took that away.

There were so many of those old Civil Defense air raid sirens put up on fire stations around this country.

Y’all outta go inside a C5A Galaxy if you ever get a chance... HUGE cavern in those things!! My unit flew non-stop from Central America to Andrews AFB in one... loaded and boarded in steamy-hot jungle heat, then landed and disembarked in an October Maryland snow storm.... so surreal.... strange days those were.

Reactions
Typical media BS. Largest wing span thanks to composite construction might make it the largest wing span in the world, but the largest plane still goes to the Antonov transport. Which did land in Medford last week to pickup some Erickson helicopters to take to New Zealand for firefighting.

View attachment 515465
Saw that aircraft in Bangor ME a few years ago, the fuel tanker under the wing looked like a toy.

OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Reactions

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online