JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the Supremes do not over turn this NYC BS, we are screwed.

Hopefully they come back with an 8-1 or 9-0 ruling saying state's cannot infringe on Constitutional Rights, and strike down all the state and local laws that are taking away our rights.

The USSC needs to say the 2nd is every bit as important as our other rights, and if it is not liked, there is recourse to amend or remove the 2nd Amendment.

The two last paragraphs are wishful thinking.

In court papers their lawyers argued that a New Yorker cannot transport his handgun to his "second home for the core constitutional purpose of self-defense or to an upstate county to participate in a shooting competition, or even across the bridge to a neighboring city for target practice."

Infringement much? Sheez. :rolleyes:

This will be an interesting one considering the makeup of SCOTUS now.

Infringement much? Sheez. :rolleyes:

This will be an interesting one considering the makeup of SCOTUS now.
Yes it will. It also makes me sigh with relief that the people who still want Hillary to have won did not get what they wanted. She would fill spots on the court with people like her. At least we have a chance on this one. Slim, but better than it would have been.

This law is too restrictive and I expect it will get struck down. The problem is the anti local and state lawmakers know that it takes years for a case to work its way through the courts so they don't care and will keep passing unconstitutional laws on a whim.
I can also think of a lot of other cases I would like to have them hear. Like restriction on lawful concealed carry rights which extend beyond the home.

This law is too restrictive and I expect it will get struck down. The problem is the anti local and state lawmakers know that it takes years for a case to work its way through the courts so they don't care and will keep passing unconstitutional laws on a whim.
Sadly this is often how this ends up "law". The locals pass something. Often knowing it has little chance. If it takes years to do anything about and a pile of cash though the damage is done. Another reason elections are important. Judges. They too are the results of who ends up winning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top