JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No.

From the Amtrak website:

"Firearms in Checked Baggage
The Departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2010, enacted into law on December 16, 2009, requires Amtrak to implement the procedures necessary to provide storage and carriage of firearms in checked baggage cars and at Amtrak stations that accept checked baggage, within one year of the bill’s enactment. This requirement applies solely to checked baggage, not carry-on baggage.

Amtrak’s current policy prohibits all firearms, ammunition and other weapons aboard its trains. This includes any being carried on the person, in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage. Please be advised that this policy remains in effect until Amtrak begins firearm carriage service by December 2010."

And you can bet it will be DECEMBER 15th, 2010, before you can even
have a gun in your checked baggage, if they don't find some way to weasel out of it before then.

No.

From the Amtrak website:

"Firearms in Checked Baggage
The Departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2010, enacted into law on December 16, 2009, requires Amtrak to implement the procedures necessary to provide storage and carriage of firearms in checked baggage cars and at Amtrak stations that accept checked baggage, within one year of the bill’s enactment. This requirement applies solely to checked baggage, not carry-on baggage.

Amtrak’s current policy prohibits all firearms, ammunition and other weapons aboard its trains. This includes any being carried on the person, in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage. Please be advised that this policy remains in effect until Amtrak begins firearm carriage service by December 2010."

And you can bet it will be DECEMBER 15th, 2010, before you can even
have a gun in your checked baggage, if they don't find some way to weasel out of it before then.

Well that sucks. I've never actually been on an inter-state train before, do they do all the security stuff like they do at airports? Maybe it could just be one of those "don't ask don't tell" type of things like at private businesses that don't allow guns. If you're asked to leave you have to or it's tresspassing etc.

Well that sucks. I've never actually been on an inter-state train before, do they do all the security stuff like they do at airports? Maybe it could just be one of those "don't ask don't tell" type of things like at private businesses that don't allow guns. If you're asked to leave you have to or it's tresspassing etc.

Chances are nobody would ever notice if you did it. But I believe they have random screening from time to time.

Any guess what the terrists successfully blow up here next? :(

Question: Is a "policy" enforceable? What's the regulation or statute that supports Amtrak's "policy? It's been about 8 years since I rode on Amtrak. I carried then.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top