JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is either Oregon or Washington a "must issue" state like Idaho? Just curious since both are blue state or going blue.

Both OR and WA are Libtard states in the western cities (Seattle, Portland, Eugene) and those cities are large enough to wag the dog. However, both states have strong individual right to bear arms statements in their state constitutions (better than Idaho's) Both states are unlicensed OC, WA is the same everywhere, OR does allow some local restrict on loaded OC. WA you can walk into the Capitol while it is in session, OC, no license required. OR requires an OR license to enter any public building armed.

OR is shall issue to residents, may issue to non-residents, and then only to non-residents of contigous states.

WA is shall issue (no training required) to anyone (resident or Non-resident) that can legally own a gun, fill out the paperwork and pay the $55.25 fee and you will be sent you CPL in the mail. My first one took 4 days, and 2 of those days were a weekend.

Washington: out-of-state:
Clark County:
Applied - 02/15/12
Received - 04/06/12 [mailed: 04/05/12, issue date: 04/09/12, what? sent to me before the issue date, how efficient]

Oregon: in-state:
Multnomah County:
Applied - 02/16/12
Appointment/finger printed: 03/07/12
Received: 04/05/2012 [issued: 04/03/12]

Washington County:

Went today 4/4/12 and was told 3 weeks as well. Real nice ladies that I dealt with. FWIW they did accept the Oregon CHL online training certificate as proof.

While I was out today I missed a certified letter from multnomah county. My washington cpl wasn't delivered certified so I'm worrying it might have been denied. Has anyone received their chl via certified mail?

Clackamas County.

Did the CHL online course. Booked appointment (earliest was 2.5 weeks out). Received it within 10 minutes of arriving at the office. Total wait was effectively 2.5 weeks.

Jackson county for me was about 2.5 weeks. Recently moved and had to do a change of address, went in today and was back out with new license in about 5 minutes with new address on new card.

I hate moving..all the address change stuff seems never ending....

AZ mailed Feb 25 received May 3

Now to figure out what's going on with them and NM regarding reciprocity. It was posted it was ending on the AZ DPS site, then the posting disappeared.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top