JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I'd start a thread to compile the latest wait times for your conceal permits to get to you since I'd read a lot before I got mine on some people getting them fairly quick and other's getting them much later. I thought maybe we can use the thread as a reference for new CPL applicants to gauge what the current wait times are for delivery.

I'll start:

Application Date: 8/12/09
Received in Mail: 8/17/09

live in Multnomah co. Took my concealed weapons class on 3/17/09.
Turned in my application a day later.
Got a letter setting my apointment about a month later for 6/3/09.
Went in on 6/3/09 got finger printed, picture taken and Paid my $65.
Permit showed up today.
See it is possible to get a concealed carry permit in Multnomah co. in a resonable amount of time.

I can't recall how long it took to get mine here in Multnomah County, Oregon but I'm coming up on having to renew and am curious how far in advance of the expiration date I should get my paperwork in?

when I first got my oregon license (clackamas co) waaaaaaay back in the early 90's, it took exactly 45 days. the deputy even came to my house in the middle of the night to verify that I lived at my address.

I was neglectful and let mine expire - Jackson County (Medford.)

I simply walked in, no waiting. They wanted a basic app and a new picture which they took. They were very nice, quick and helpful.

I got the new permit in the mail in 2 weeks. They did a background check in that time, too. $50 total for 4 years. My old fingerprints and CCW class stuff was fine with them.

Marion County in Oregon (Salem) is currently experiencing a waiting period of as much as two months, and sometimes a bit longer, just to get the appointment, I'm told. Lots of demand ... like most everywhere else.

Just got my Utah CWL...sent in paperwork June 22 and received the license Sept 15. Almost three months. Spoke with two co-workers that also took the same class, they got theirs on Monday Sept 14.

I understand Utah is processing nearly 1,500 new request every day. WOW!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top