JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like Benton County, OR. If so the processor is only part time.

Yep! Benton!

Just got off the phone with her(Katie, I think). My background check didn't even start until yesterday(day 51)!! She's really nice lady, though!
Anyway, there was a note attached with a couple issues. I'm not going to delve into my past and share it all here but basically, I'm not the same person I was all those years ago. There was an incident with a neighbor back in 2000. She sort of invited trouble on a regular basis anyway. Not a nice person at all. Always problems with her. A real monster! Anyway, there was an altercation between us. Original charges were dropped to menacing and disorderly conduct. It's mainly the menacing part that's the hang up. They're trying to figure out if it was "domestic" or not. That simply means if it involved a blood relative or family member, wife, kids, etc. It didn't, it was with the neighbor. So hopefully that will get taken care of. I told her there was also a gun involved(didn't tell her how) and she said that didn't really matter. They are just concerned with whether or not it was "domestic" menacing or not. There was also some sort of DUII, DUII/warrant, warrant issue they didn't understand. I explained to her that when the incident happened with the neighbor, I was almost done with probation from a DUII a year earlier.(I'm really, REALLY glad I'm a totally different person today!) Anyway, that caused a prob. violation and a warrant was issued, or something. That was all taken care of, too.

The short and simple is, I am still not a felon. I made a few stupid mistakes when I was younger. And I should be ok, good to go. The gun thing is really what I was worried about. If the Sheriff reads the whole police report and takes that into consideration, that might foul up things. She DOES still have the right to deny it if she thinks I'm some kind of danger to myself and others.(Goodness!! Just the thought!!) Hopefully they, too, will see that I am a totally different person and realize that. Hopefully it DOES get approved. But it looks like there may still be the possibility it might not. That sucks!

EDIT-
P.S. She did say she was going to write a note or letter to the Sheriff(Diana Simpson) about everything we talked about and regarding the notes on the file/app and the menacing thing. I asked her if she was going to let the Sheriff know we talked and that I helped clear some of all that up and stuff and she said yes and I got a good vibe from it all. I also got the feeling that she got a good impression of me, too. Course that may mean something or it may mean squat. We'll see.

Heh, course it was all on Friday, just before she left for the weekend and she'll probably forget the whole thing! LOL!! (nah! j/k)(I hope!) :huh:

Hmmm.....
Day 56. At this point the "wait" is getting so bad, I'd almost be happy with the denial letter, just to get something from the Sheriff's office(not really, but you know what I mean).

***EDIT-
Tuesday, 6/26/12, 1:53PM, got voicemail from Katie(BCSO). She said all my paperwork was done, Sheriff approved and goin out in today's mail. Should be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
No more checkin the mail every friggin day in anticipation.
So I guess that will mean it comes on day 57. I'll update my original post tomorrow when it does actually arrive and I'm actually carrying.

***EDIT- Must not have gone out in Tuesday's mail like she said. Didn't show up until today, Thur. 6/28. 58 days. I'll go update my original post now. At least it's finally here. And it's suuure purdy!

Applied to Multnomah County via Fax, received a appointment letter 7 days later for an appointment on the 12th of July. License was approved on the 20th and was in the mail the next day! Not bad for out of state!

WA CPL @ Clark County

Applied: 01/29/13

Got a call today (03/22/13) to verify some things, said they would be sending it out tomorrow and I'll be getting it early next week which would make it just a hair under the 60 days for a non-resident CPL. I'll update when I get the physical CPL in hand, but I'm pretty stoked about it since I travel to WA frequently!

My WA CPL was up for renewal in May, but I went in early. Could go in up to 90 days early but I waited till 85 days or so early. Went in around 2/18, was told they had 30 days to get it out and they would take the whole 30 days.
Got the license earlier this week so they did take all 30 days.
I put down some scars for identification as requested, the form says they are tattoos (which I have none of).

I called the Washington Co. office when I had not received an appointment. Turns out my application had not arrived. The helpful gentleman on the phone mentioned that I was not the first victim of 'lost in the mail' that he is aware of, both coming into their office and going out. I won't speculate as to where the problem is but I would recommend you hand deliver applications to them if at all possible. I dropped my second copy off in the last week of Feb. my appointment is in June.

I will add to this. Printed on 3/20, They said it will be out about 4/10. We will see. CALLIDUS98... If it was mailed from around the Aloha area, I have had NUMEROUS things never reach their intended destination, on more than one occasion. This includes the post office on 185th

Yamhill County takes applications two days a week at set hours. Walk in, fill out application, pay fee. Get photographed and finger printed and a week later it's in the mail. Nice and easy.

Last summer I needed an FBI background check for my job and went to get a fingerprint card at our Sheriffs office during the one day a week that they provided the service. After waiting an hour in line, the nice older deputy asked me "concealed carry?" Sounds like my wife and I should higher a babysitter for the afternoon.

The wait for an appointment still blows me away. 21 weeks!

My woman turned her ap in last wednesday, appointment scheduled for July 16th. Absolutely ludacris. The.CHL office does just that deal with chl renewal and application and itwould seem they.can hardly handle that. .. YetHere oregon wants to add even more hoops one has to jump through including upping the cost..

I faxed app to clackamas Sherrif and had an appointment in 1 week, went in for fingerprint and whatnot and got permit in 3weeks. This was about 6 months ago. My Utah permit took a hair over 60 days from ccw class, they did everything for the Utah permit.

Turned in my Multnomah County App today and was told that "They are backed up till August"....
Seriously, seems a little excessive wait time....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top