JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent information from a veteran reloader. Read this before you start swapping out primers.

I've ran Mag and standards in .357 Mag. No differences.
we're not talking much of a difference to be worth much. Especially, ESPECIALLY if you aren't loading at the top of the spectrum.

I stand behind my own loads which are near the bottom of the powder range as no perceived difference.

Appreciate the individuals approach.

@Dyjital - what powders have you used? I don't have any magnum primers, and have only loaded pretty mild loads with 231 and 700X, in .357s. I have some H110, which I have read needs magnum primers to light reliably in .357. H110 is a flame thrower in .44 mag.

@Dyjital - what powders have you used? I don't have any magnum primers, and have only loaded pretty mild loads with 231 and 700X, in .357s. I have some H110, which I have read needs magnum primers to light reliably in .357. H110 is a flame thrower in .44 mag.
CFe Pistol, IMR PB, IMR4227, Lil Gun, HP38, and quite a few others that ummmm weren't published loads.
I'm forgetting somepowders as well. I've done a lot lately (last 5 years) to consolidate powders down.

If you don't hang out on the Castboolits forum you may not realize that Larry Gibson is a Reloading Rock Star. I was surprised to see a post from him on that site as he departed to much fanfare a few years back to haunt several other forums and share his insight. I stopped hanging there shortly after he and many other knowledgeable elder statesmen were banned or driven off that forum by over zealous moderation. Plus a new site owner with a Twitter/Facebook style censorship fetish. He was ahead of his time.
Thank Gawd we have a site like this where I can pick out a random mod like, ummm, I don't know...like @No_Regerts for example, and do this right at him :s0066: and not get banned. I bet I could do it twice even. :s0066:

Anyway, in closing, I've learned a lot from Larry Gibson over the years.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top