JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent information from a veteran reloader. Read this before you start swapping out primers.

I've ran Mag and standards in .357 Mag. No differences.
we're not talking much of a difference to be worth much. Especially, ESPECIALLY if you aren't loading at the top of the spectrum.

I stand behind my own loads which are near the bottom of the powder range as no perceived difference.

Appreciate the individuals approach.

@Dyjital - what powders have you used? I don't have any magnum primers, and have only loaded pretty mild loads with 231 and 700X, in .357s. I have some H110, which I have read needs magnum primers to light reliably in .357. H110 is a flame thrower in .44 mag.

@Dyjital - what powders have you used? I don't have any magnum primers, and have only loaded pretty mild loads with 231 and 700X, in .357s. I have some H110, which I have read needs magnum primers to light reliably in .357. H110 is a flame thrower in .44 mag.
CFe Pistol, IMR PB, IMR4227, Lil Gun, HP38, and quite a few others that ummmm weren't published loads.
I'm forgetting somepowders as well. I've done a lot lately (last 5 years) to consolidate powders down.

If you don't hang out on the Castboolits forum you may not realize that Larry Gibson is a Reloading Rock Star. I was surprised to see a post from him on that site as he departed to much fanfare a few years back to haunt several other forums and share his insight. I stopped hanging there shortly after he and many other knowledgeable elder statesmen were banned or driven off that forum by over zealous moderation. Plus a new site owner with a Twitter/Facebook style censorship fetish. He was ahead of his time.
Thank Gawd we have a site like this where I can pick out a random mod like, ummm, I don't know...like @No_Regerts for example, and do this right at him :s0066: and not get banned. I bet I could do it twice even. :s0066:

Anyway, in closing, I've learned a lot from Larry Gibson over the years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top