JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You make a very good point, when I first joined up for the most part I was met with great people and then there was about 5 that for what ever reason went after my responses. I actually do know the laws well very well. Also took awhile before I could have an opinion about the NRA and OFF whom I am not a huge fan of specifically OFF and took hits for it even and having independent thought. although I brought valid points that to this day have never been rebutted.

I don't mind the new report system, as mentioned but I for one just last year was in the other end of this and as well and have concerns newbies will be treated with contempt if they do not comply to the current status-quo. Have hope it will work but I can see I would have been reported quickly in this new system and that would have told me to leave and not bother. Luckily now I am good friends with most of those original 5, but have seen some newbie take hits hard too since. I am pro-constitutional rights, period with all the privileges that come with having them. I respect a person to enjoy those rights and only ask in return I am allowed unmolested to enjoy mine. I still like the new rule #1 and as much as it seems light and humorous in reality success of the site depends on it. Of course now I can't get the voices of bill and ted out of my head :)

I am in the same boat Dunehopper. The same situation arose for me when I first stopped being a lurker and tried to contribute. I learned real fast who would be taking pot shots and dismissing my thoughts without discussion and who would engage in polite albeit, disagreeing debate about viewpoints. I don't personally care, I have never been one to not speak my mind, especially if I feel someone is attempting to suppress or restrict my opinions in a group conversation. I don't expect agreement, but I damn sure expect the chance to have my own thoughts and opinions without being drug through the mud simply because I don't have a cubby in the hive mind.

I think the recent push that Joe and his team are making to clean up the roving hit squads is a step to allowing even more people access to our conversations and points of view. I am certain there will still be spirited debate, just a limit to the abuse and shenanigans that others feel is ok because they are behind a computer.

My hope is that more people feel secure in sharing experiences, opinions and points of view with respect. I think we can all learn a lot from people who we may not necessarily agree with, when we listen and consider.

Well . . . It is all I can Hope for, that there will be Equality in the forums.

So far, I do not see it happening. A posted thread makes an "X" statement. My reply a Very Neutral X/Z and it is deleted, for not meeting the Neu Rulz ... Pardon me, not equal yet.

philip... gee I hope ~this~ passes the frigging Neu Rulz test. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads