Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Colt m1991 a1 what is it worth?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Peteralexander78, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

My brother is looking at buying a Colt M1991 a1 in the officers size and I was wondering what they are worth. Also I know nothing about about them, what types of magazines do they take or is there no difference between the 1911 magazines? I have done some research online but couldnt find more than side comments on my questions. thanks

2. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

Check out the 1911Forum.com there is a ton of info there. Like any internet forum some good some not but for the most part very good. Enjoy.

3. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

The only difference in magazines is they are a bit shorter. I would recommend Wilson Combat 7 round mags for use in it. As for price, I have seen them go for anywhere between $500-700 depending on condition. The M1991A1 was more or less a working man's Colt, and had some plastic parts such as the main spring housing and trigger. Also, thought to you if might make no difference, some people have a problem with the ones with the old roll mark on the slide. The old one is huge, and it turns some people off on an otherwise great pistol.