JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just bring back the 527, I've always wanted one and now too late to game to get a new one.
Dang, I didn't know they shut the 527 down. I have been wanting a carbine in 7.62x39. Great guns. I found an odd ball sub version called a cz527 Royal, in .223 about 3-4 years ago for $500, no brainer purchase. At the same time I tried to convince my anti gun wife that it was logically smart to start buying a few CZ75s in "High polish" Stainless because they were way undervalued (selling for double now). She said no, but I didn't ask about the 527 :)

I heard this was all fake news and kinda hoped it was lol. But either way I mean colt has Def gone down hill in the last decade. I remember 10 years ago the guys that had colts were like the cool guys. Fast forward to now as I just sold a brand new colt with KAC upgrades for 850. A couple hundred bucks more than a premium PSA Lol

But knowing how business works this isn't all on colt. When a company buys another company they don't just slash everything. Usually the way it works is the buying company desires the products the selling company has and makes terms, and the selling company agrees to these terms. There must be something between colt and CZ that we don't know about. Colt has no reason to spend a million to buy CZ just to cancel all their main selling products. They could just continue being without spending a ton of money to take on another outfit. Same with CZ. If their products were profitable they wouldn't need to sell out to colt.

There's definitely something more here. We just don't know what that something is yet.

I do not understand this if CZ bought Colt - how can Colt dictate to CZ on what they should or should not build new or what to DISCONTINUE?

I remember reading all of the 'news' about CZ buying Colt and I just looked up some of those old NEWS searches online.

I can understand not keeping a popular line or some products but for the SUPER popular best sellers - it makes NO sense to me at all.

One of many OLD LINKS:

September 13, 20218:08 AM MDTLast Updated a year ago

Czech gunmaker bets on riding Colt into new markets

PRAGUE, Sept 13 (Reuters) - For Czech gun maker CZG-Ceska Zbrojovka Group (CZG.PR), its recent acquisition of the Colt brand carries both the potential to become a major player in the global firearms market and the challenge of reviving the fortunes of a fabled U.S. name.

Shares of CZG, which listed on the stock market last October, have surged 60% in Prague this year as investors welcomed solid revenue growth and the company's $222 million purchase of privately-held Colt Holding Company - a deal finalised in May that will make CZG a competitor for U.S. leaders such as Smith & Wesson (SWBI.O) and Sturm, Ruger & Company (RGR.N).

Colt, with plants in the United States and Canada, will give CZG the capacity to expand production beyond its main factory in the Czech Republic and allow it to compete in U.S. military contracts because it will fulfil "Buy America" regulations requiring U.S. production.

MORE on the link.

Cate

Well I for one still like my 75 so am hoping at least the collector price will now go up enough to compensate for the hateful transfer fees.
Naw, that's ridiculous, by the time of any possible price increase could happen, I'm sure we will have been hit with more punishment fees to pay.
I'm starting to lament being an honest tax paying loyal citizen, I'm thinking about turning criminal so I no longer have to worry over such things.

Well I for one still like my 75 so am hoping at least the collector price will now go up enough to compensate for the hateful transfer fees.
Naw, that's ridiculous, by the time of any possible price increase could happen, I'm sure we will have been hit with more punishment fees to pay.
I'm starting to lament being an honest tax paying loyal citizen, I'm thinking about turning criminal so I no longer have to worry over such things.
Please don't turn criminal.
We have more than enough politicians already... :s0026:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews