JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this is the right place to put it so moderators please move if you feel like you need too.

I saw this on GunBroker and I have this setup and I know retro AR builds have shot up in price but is this truly the right price to ask for all that because I have all that and I've been wanting to put it up. I just didn't know what exactly it was worth I didn't want to overprice something like what seems to be the common thing here on the forum.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/717583992

Thank you

Last Edited:
I would watch it and see if there is any bidding. Personally I would walk right by it at that price point but some people might be happy to spend the money. So who knows? It worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, as they say. In this weird gun climate nothing seems to make much sense.

AR15 Rifle Lower Build Kit aphs100005-rifle-lower-completion-kit.jpg

Currently out of stock but looks the same to me for $134 and extra parts to boot.

Q: if there is no longer a ban, why do we use the term pre-ban?

Does the age make it supposedly worth more?

Honest question... I've never understood the logic.

I think that offer shows the A2 Butt Stock. That would explain the tube spacer. The A2 butt stock is longer than the more common retro A1 butt stock. Both had the trap door storage. I do not remember if the A1 had the butt plate knurling. No?

The earlier plain M16 had no storage space in the butt stock and the stock itself was slightly shorter also. Then we had the various long ago available Pacific Rim butt stocks that were shorter in various lengths. Confusing. Be sure to get the right butt stock.

Same with the pistol grips. Many different types and sizes were used over the years by the USA and other Nations. I had some dinky skinny pistol grips years ago. Made for small hands. Made the CAR15 Semi Auto rifle feel entirely different. Have fun!

Also ... FWIW, do not be afraid of buying a beat up butt stock. With some sanding, Bondo and Krylon Semi Gloss spray paint, they clean up quite well. Also stray painting the entire rifle sometimes works to clean up finish differences. Dorky but it works.

Hundreds of AR15 builds. Uncounted M16 rebuilds. All long ago, far away. Now retarded, (retired) and enjoying life. :)

Exactly! there is no ban except in certain states and it only effects collapsable stocks which a A1 stock is NOT. So there is nothing special ban wise about the stock that is listed.

Now if someone is trying to restore their original SP1 that stock would have value. Or if someone is trying to build a clone. If someone is trying to build a clone who cares what guts are under the stock just find a A1 stock body Like I have listed and buy aftermarket guts for it and you are good to go on your retro build.

Back during the ban a lot of people did gut their early colt Ar15 Rifles to put ban era carbine parts on them like myself If I had a preban ar15 I wanted to make an M4 carbine out of it so I would gut it now that the ban has been over for over 10 years the tables have turned as carbines are a dime a dozen and people want to build retro rifle.

Sounds ominous that's all...kinda like high capacity vs low capacity
To be honest it does help our bro and sissy who now live behind enemy lines. Say for magazines..a pre-AWB DATED 30rd AR magazine is still legal to own yet all else ( no sTamp no go )
Crazy bastards shell out 20-30 bucks for a gold colored Colt mag.
GOOD MONEY BACK IN THE DAY.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads