JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Luth-AR has slick side stripped A1 uppers available right now. For all you retro builders out their.

6CA213E6-9296-41FC-A074-FB0439C60680.jpeg

I received one of these two weeks ago. It had been on back order since December; I placed an order back then when they were last in stock. I left the order in place/paid and they shipped the backorders right away. They even sent me a nice 12" ff handguard from their 1st gen stock leftover, as a courtesy I guess for being patient - surprise to me it was in the box when it arrived. Acme did not need to do that as I didn't complain and fully knew the score when I ordered. I point that to out underline that they are a good vendor and you can trust them.

The quality is quite good and it fit very well on a couple different high-quality lowers I tested it on - Wilson, S&W, and a Windham. It could go on any of those lowers with very nice, tight fit and zero modification.

H&R/PSA is in effect a re-branding of NoDak Spud; Mike Wetteland took his molds, etc. to SC and set up shop to produce the H&R stuff under PSA. The quality is quite good. He said they would eventually get to a slab-side lower once demand caught up on other products and they routinely had stripped and completed lowers as well as complete rifles routinely in stock. They are slowly getting there. You are paying a premium price, but you are getting a premium product, too.

Here is a blem A1 lower in stock now:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/har...etro-m16a1-stripped-lower-receiver-black.html

Note it is black; they produce both gray and black so note that depending upon what you want. I got one of these in gray last summer and it was excellent, also. I very much wanted a "Commando" lower (correct for XM177E1 retro, though originals were all Colt to be exacting). However I failed to catch one of the first batch released and then (more of) the US Constitution was suspended in WA recently, so I'm not sure when I will be able to order one again. :(

PS - also thanks to OP for mentioning this. I did actually think of doing that when I got mine recently. I then didn't do it immediately and forgot. I appreciate the people who keep interesting deals posted as they do us all a big favor.

Last Edited:
I received one of these two weeks ago. It had been on back order since December; I placed an order back then when they were last in stock. I left the order in place/paid and they shipped the backorders right away. They even sent me a nice 12" ff handguard from their 1st gen stock leftover, as a courtesy I guess for being patient - surprise to me it was in the box when it arrived. Acme did not need to do that as I didn't complain and fully knew the score when I ordered. I point that to underline that they are a good vendor and you can trust them.

The quality is quite good and it fit very well on a couple different high-quality lowers I tested it on - Wilson, S&W, and a Windham.

H&R/PSA is in effect a re-branding of NoDak Spud; Mike Wetteland took his molds, etc. to SC and set up shop to produce the H&R stuff under PSA. The quality is quite good. He said they would eventually get to a slab-side lower once demand caught up on other products and they routinely had stripped and completed lowers as well as complete rifles routinely in stock. They are slowly getting there. You are paying a premium price, but you are getting a premium product, too.

Here is a blem A1 lower in stock now:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/har...etro-m16a1-stripped-lower-receiver-black.html

Note it is black; they produce both gray and black so note that depending upon what you want. I got one of these in gray last summer and it was excellent, also. I very much wanted a "Commando" lower (correct for XM177E1 retro, though originals were all Colt to be exacting). However I failed to catch one of the first batch released and then (more of) the US Constitution was suspended in WA recently, so I'm not sure when I will be able to order one again. :(
Very informative. Thank you very much.

Very informative. Thank you very much.
And thanks for posting that deal, because I was too lazy or forgetful to do it myself.

I should also point out the H&R 'blem' stuff is like most high-quality vendors' stuff. You will likely not be able to find the cosmetic blem, or not unless you look quite hard.

ETA: @CamoDeafie - I should point out, their XM16E1 lowers are correct partial-fence style. So if that was OK w/you it might work in lieu of a slab-side. Personally I prefer the partial-fence one myself so I was happy they already had these available periodically.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR