JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am assuming you're talking about the .22lr conversion kit for the ar15? They worked great in my rra. I have a few FTF and FTE every 3rd or 4th mag. That might be the cheap bulk ammo rather than the kit since I've had the same issue in my other rimfire guns as well. Even the blackdog 50rd drum works well with the kit. As for what's included in a kit i believe it's: the bcg, carrying tube, one 26rds magazine (maybe?), some paperwork, and a metric ton of fun to be had. But it won't be long before someone jumps in and tells you to spend 4 times the money to buy a dedicated upper and those are great too.

*Edit: turns out you can get the kit with 1 mag or 3 on midway
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/55...round-magazines-22-long-rifle-stainless-steel

Expect some of the kits to be less than 100% in operation and MOBC (Minute of Beer Can) accuracy, this will vary with the rate of twist in your barrel. The .22 bullet is also smaller than a 5.56 bore.
Use copper clad ammo and they wont lead your barrel too badly, but being a "Blow Back" action, they are dirty to shoot and require extra cleaning.
Not expecting MOA accuracy along with the above...They are a fun and inexpensive training tool and a way to gain more trigger time on your AR. It seems like there is always space on the rimfire firing line.

Jack...:cool:

I've been using the standard parkerized version and it works fairly well. High velocity rounds work the best. Fun and inexpensive.
IMG_6528.jpg

But it won't be long before someone jumps in and tells you to spend 4 times the money to buy a dedicated upper and those are great too.

Sorry, I got to be that guy. Sorry. Really sorry.

If you buy the conversion, you will most likely end up with a dedicated rifle, so may as well skip the intermediate step.

Love. Absolutely love my dedicated upper. Actually a dedicated rifle. There are a few advantages such as not having to install / remove the adapter. You can also pull the buffer and spring. The twist is optimized. Don't have to worry about gas tube fouling. A dedicated non NFA upper also runs a bit shorter than a 16" 5.56 because some of the barrel is inside the upper receiver.

This rifle get 10x the rounds of anything else that I own. (owned. before I lost them all in a tragic boating accident.) Cost nothing to shoot. So, to my twisted mind, it pays my everytime I shoot it.

I even bring it to practical rifle and shoot it for the short stages on paper. Total DQ (which is fine because I suck anyway) But its so fun to run a bunch of rounds without any muzzle rise at top speed. Plus it always gets a good laugh. Mine is pink.

thank u very much (eric)&(PDX) what do u think i would need exactly for youridea pdx cause kinda on a budget, which is why i was going with cmmg conv kit. ( im sorry jack and rose thank u aswell ):eek:

I have one and like it. I had a few occasions where the bolt would lock all the way to the rear and not release until I popped the rear pin on the upper. Discovered it was because I was using a notched hammer so the conversion's bolt would hang up on the notch. Replaced with a rounded hammer and it's fine. Just keep in mind you may need to do that if you have a notched hammer (no way to know if yours will do it until you start playing wtih it). The dpms rounded hammer I got was like $12 at midway (about one magazine worth of 5.56 ammo).

I believe most of the 9mm AR uppers recommend a rounded one as well for the same reason.

Notched (top), rounded (bottom)

I plan on getting this for my AR.... I want to be able to shoot my AR at the indoor range, I don't wanna cry when I shoot hundreds of rounds and I dig having multiple caliber capabilities in one platform.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads