JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Far be it for me to criticize honest folks who were ripped off by @@#XX!! thieves. May they quickly be caught and all of the firearms and other stolen goods be returned to their lawful owners. Owners who now have a new gun safe to put them in.

Last Edited:
A family in Cleveland, OH that was heavily into prepping had burglars break into their home. The burglars emptied out both of their gun cabinets, which were easily visible and accessible. They also took their large and extensive stashes of ammo and food. All of their body armor was stolen as well.

Now, the family is left with nothing, and a bunch of criminals now have all of their weapons, prepping gear and supplies. Here is a photo of one of their empty gun cabinets:

View attachment 325172

Here is a link to a new story about this burglary, interviewing the upset couple:

Doomsday preppers in Cleveland robbed of guns, body armor and machetes

Fun times in Cleveland today....

You do have to wonder. So these preppers wanted to be ready if the country was invaded. And we're supposed to believe they slept through a burglary that cleaned them out? No sounds breaking in? No sounds grabbing all the loot? If this isn't an insurance scam, then they're prepper posers at a minimum.

Obviously a bunch of idiots. I have only a few long guns and even when I'm coming or going to the range, I try to be circumspect moving the gun bag between my home and car....

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little funny? I see some of these wannabe prepper types blabbing about how prepared they are and I just keep thinking that if the S really does HTF, people are probably going to find people like them and take their S.

The one episode I watched was where one visited another at his Ranch.

The visiting one fired a long gun inside an enclosed space (game tower or something) next to the other guys head, giving him a concussion.

Then the SAME FARKIN GUY shot himself in his hand with his revolver, THEN he opted for life flight to the hospital...

I see these cabinets on sale online like Craigslist and such.

Idiots whoever puts stuff in these now days. This isn't the 1960's.

Then there are those people who... get this... put their old cabinets on the sidewalk with a "free" sign on it. Or sell them at garage sales... in their yard!!! I'd be keeping them out of sight to lessen the visual impact from thieves.

Three places down the road did this last summer. I felt like stopping and talking to them about how bad of an idea it is/was.

Last Edited:
bubblegum all of you, I use glass faced gun cabinets!! they are pretty and cheap, my understanding is the glass is bulletproof, at least the ole lady at the garage sale said they were.
no seriously, this had to have been an inside job/ Insurance Scam.
id tell these Preppers: Prep by digging a hole the size of your body... Done put yourself in the hole. Okay stay down!

The one episode I watched was where one visited another at his Ranch.

The visiting one fired a long gun inside an enclosed space (game tower or something) next to the other guys head, giving him a concussion.

Then the SAME FARKIN GUY shot himself in his hand with his revolver, THEN he opted for life flight to the hospital...
Wife and I watched that episode as well and couldn't stop laughing at how idiotic that guy was. A prime example of how a bunch of money can't buy a lick of sense!
Good entertainment though!:confused:

" They also got away with a bag of machetes, ammunition and food rations.
They took all of our ammo. With the ammunition that they've got, they're good for a good year with that ammunition."

A years worth of ammo fit into a bag? Really? How big was this "bag"?

" They also got away with a bag of machetes, ammunition and food rations.
They took all of our ammo. With the ammunition that they've got, they're good for a good year with that ammunition."

A years worth of ammo fit into a bag? Really? How big was this "bag"?

Bigger question for me is this - what is a "year's worth of ammo"? Maybe they had 1,000 rounds of .22lr (a popular prepper choice) and figured 1K rounds would do for a year - plus it would easily fit in a bag.

In the TV show, Last Man Standing, Tim Allen has several guns at his home displayed in glass cabinets. I appreciate to support but maybe some folks think it's actually a good idea.

I consider myself to be a prepper in the sense of I have food, ammo, and fire arms for a rainy day or in my case snow as I live in a minor snow belt or whatever could happen but I do not prepare for any one thing.

I have watched many of the prepper shows and thought some of their ideas look good but for the most part the folks just wanted the attention and 15 min of fame.

Saying this I have gun safes and keep them locked, my food stores are in a looked room and ammo is stored in more than one location for fire and safety reasons and yes I have an alarm system. Will all this stop someone from getting my stuff maybe not but at least they will have to work for it and not just walk in and walk out.

The last time I seen a gun cabinet like that was at hunting camp on my friends place a few years back. It was a one room cabin that we all slept in and the gun case was to store the guns in for the night not for security.

Like some have said it is funny that they are prepper's that were not prepared.

I like the reporting, especially the headlines. "They got away with machetes!!!!!" "And guns!!!!!!" :eek::eek::rolleyes:

Otherwise, why write about just another break-in in Cleveland. I wonder what part of town this was in. Probably not one of the better parts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top