JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A family in Cleveland, OH that was heavily into prepping had burglars break into their home. The burglars emptied out both of their gun cabinets, which were easily visible and accessible. They also took their large and extensive stashes of ammo and food. All of their body armor was stolen as well.

Now, the family is left with nothing, and a bunch of criminals now have all of their weapons, prepping gear and supplies. Here is a photo of one of their empty gun cabinets:

cabinet-1.jpg

Here is a link to a new story about this burglary, interviewing the upset couple:

Doomsday preppers in Cleveland robbed of guns, body armor and machetes

WTF seem's they need to work on there situational awareness!! How can they not hear someone break into there house and steel all there firearms, ammo and food while they sleep. Why didn't they have a gun safe for there firearms and ammo? o_O

A big part of prepping is keeping your supplies secured" looks like they forgot the most important part, keep your firearms and supplies in a safe and secure location.

Deadbolt locks on front door and window locks go a long way keeping intruders out, maybe an alarm system as well since apparently they sleep like they live underground!

Bummer.

Even if you don't want to pay for a monitored alarm system, they still sell those simple contact alarms for like $10 (windows, seldom used doors), and area motion sensor alarms for like $15-$20.

Dogs are the best alarm system. Also, watch your friends friends. A coworker had some very specific things stolen this year. Only a handful of people knew what he had. Also only people I know get in my house and only certain neighbors. I'm that guy.

Try to steel my firearms and goodies while I am alseep. Heck I am sure the backup alarm on the 53 ft semi trailer needed to haul it off would wake me up.

Odds are these guys saw some of their stuff one day from the garage/window while walking driving by, saw vehicle decals or lastly were friends of friends who heard these folks had stuff like this.

Ive known three guys who were robbed, and all that was taken were firearms, and two of the guys had some firearms tucked away where only friends who came over (and family) knew where they were. Many times its friends of friends who hear about it.. Word spreads easy.

After that they quit broadcasting that they were even into firearms.

Odds are these guys saw some of their stuff one day from the garage/window while walking driving by, saw vehicle decals or lastly were friends of friends who heard these folks had stuff like this.

Ive known three guys who were robbed, and all that was taken were firearms, and two of the guys had some firearms tucked away where only friends who came over (and family) knew where they were. Many times its friends of friends who hear about it.. Word spreads easy.

After that they quit broadcasting that they were even into firearms.

Loose lips sink ships.

Just goes to highlight a few things - such as having a good safe to protect things like guns, even documents and valuables. And I agree with others - be careful what you discuss with people you don't know about what you own, especially if those folks may know where you live. I don't make a point of showing people around my house, and I don't show things like the few guns I own, just not their business. Other than that, good locks, alarm system, dogs, all good ideas to help prevent stuff like this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top