JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can you help support public land shooting!

• Total voters
Why not just camp here... It's the gravel yard right next to the event pit. Simple. Lots of room. I saw a couple RV's there last year, however, they may have been the work crews. Would we need permission @Reno911 ?

Google Maps

Camp spot.jpg

I sent an email to Randy, of ODF, asking if that's okay. Will let you know as soon as he responds.

I think it's okay too. At the cleanup last year, April 22nd, there were campers there with ATV's. Now, that could have been the work crews because there was work being done in the Beaver Dam pit, but, it sure looked like weekend warriors.

Why not just camp here... It's the gravel yard right next to the event pit. Simple. Lots of room. I saw a couple RV's there last year, however, they may have been the work crews. Would we need permission @Reno911 ?

Google Maps

I'm certain we could, but it's a known party spot and staging area for dirt bikers. Factor in a bunch of hooligans likely up till god knows when and dirt bikes coming to and from.

It's not a bad spot though.

So,... what else is new? Sounds like us, right? Ha! We'll show 'em what a party is all about! Bring it baby!
I'm good with this spot honestly.

I'll just have an extra beer and bring some earplugs.

It could host all those that are coming.

If you get there early, which it sounds like you might, you could get a decent section of it for us.

I think it's an easy place to locate for everyone too.

I'll be there with my son.
Since it seems you guys are in search of a grill for whatever (dogs, steaks, etc), I'll bring my gas grill, table and one of those coleman cooktop stoves, cutting board and knives for chopping onions.
If my boy's up for it, will come camping Friday night too.
For those who want a pull-up spot, there are ~6 really nice ones up Storey Burn Rd, right across Hwy 6 from the entrance to Brown's Camp. They may already have people in them. Finding campsites in the summer can be difficult on Friday. As you head up Storey Burn, there will be a road cutting off here and there. Most dead end at a campsite. If you make it up to the saddle where the Hampton Lumber "no shooting" signs are, you've reached the end of the road, unless they took down the gate at the other side of the saddle.
Lemme go wash the grill for the trip....

I'll be there with my son.
Since it seems you guys are in search of a grill for whatever (dogs, steaks, etc), I'll bring my gas grill, table and one of those coleman cooktop stoves, cutting board and knives for chopping onions.
If my boy's up for it, will come camping Friday night too.
For those who want a pull-up spot, there are ~6 really nice ones up Storey Burn Rd, right across Hwy 6 from the entrance to Brown's Camp. They may already have people in them. Finding campsites in the summer can be difficult on Friday. As you head up Storey Burn, there will be a road cutting off here and there. Most dead end at a campsite. If you make it up to the saddle where the Hampton Lumber "no shooting" signs are, you've reached the end of the road, unless they took down the gate at the other side of the saddle.
Lemme go wash the grill for the trip....
Nice! Thanks, P7! Glad you can make it!

OK, so is there a dumpster lined up? Never done one of these before and I apologize if it was already mentioned.

OK, so is there a dumpster lined up? Never done one of these before and I apologize if it was already mentioned.
Yes. ODF will set up a dumpster a quarter mile away (where it shouldn't get vandalized!), and we'll haul the bags there. We just need a few pickups and it sounds like we'll have some there. The more the better!

Yes. ODF will set up a dumpster a quarter mile away (where it shouldn't get vandalized!), and we'll haul the bags there. We just need a few pickups and it sounds like we'll have some there. The more the better!

I'll be driving my Ranger. Its 2WD but I certainly don't mind using it for hauling garbage. It's my work truck, so a few extra scratches don't bother me one bit. I'll bring the water/chili/cheese along with pickers, rakes, a shovel, water (for fire control) and a can-do attitude. Boots and gloves too. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top