JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can you help support public land shooting!

• Total voters
Reactions
Browns Camp Cover.jpg
We will be cleaning up the Browns Camp gravel pit, (Beaver Dam Rock Quarry in The Tillamook State Forest), where a lot of target shooting takes place and needs our stewardship attention.

Win some awesome prizes in our free raffle! We encourage you to support our vendors who graciously donated to furthering our cause for responsible recreational shooting.

Vendors.jpg
Silent Auction: We'll have a couple special items available for bidding in our silent auction! Help support Trash No Land in our endeavors to save and improve recreational shooting on public lands!

We meet at 9 AM, Safety briefing at 9:15, Lunch & prizes at 12 noon. You may stay and play with a group shoot after the event, if shooting is allowed by ODF on that date.

Meeting place:

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/31GeeAibtdG2

GPS: 45°36'40.4"N 123°21'45.8"W

Potluck Lunch: Bring something to share! Trash No Land is in for bringing a bunch of hot dogs, buns & condomints, but we'll need something to go with it. Salads, drinks and snacks! Thank you!!!

This event is open to the Public, Family, Kids 12 & over and your Friends. All are welcome!

Tillamook State Forest will provide the trash bags and disposal! (Thank you TSF!)

You'll need to bring Gloves, Boots, Rake, Picker, Magnet, and what you feel helps get it done. If you can, we could use a couple Wheelbarrows or Wagons, Pick-up trucks & trailers that are OK to haul garbage.

Firearm Policy: Handling or use of a firearm during event hours is not allowed at our events and is not an official part of our events. You may recreate as you wish after the event concludes.

Official Website Event: 8-25-18 Browns Camp Quarry

Stewardship Keeps It Open!

Last Edited:
You know I'll be there!

Let's 86 the camp out the night before, unless it is somewhere far far from the pit. Lol!

I've not gotten out much as of lately, kids just learned to crawl! So I'll likely go a little nuts on the after party.

:s0003:

Awesome, @Cogs and I will make sure you earn that green badge!;)

My wife is in for this too. Put us down for being there. The only thing that would hang me up is if my dad is still having problems (he's still in the hospital). Otherwise, we're in. :)

I'll bring my work truck. It's only a Ranger, but I'm happy to haul and dispose (on my dime) at the dump.

@LuckySG this is the clean up I referenced earlier.

Let us know if you would like to contribute?

Thanks!

Reno911

Of course! I think this is a gun show weekend so I might not make it, but we can get some awesome goody or goodies up for grabs. Anyone what to chime in on the category you would like a prize from?
Anything you are willing to donate in the regards to responsible recreational shooting.

Like legal targets, safety gear, or well, anything is greatly appreciated!

I edited the OP to reflect the Lucky Sporting Goods logo. Thank you @LuckySG !

Pretty soon, I'll be posting pics & info on the prizes we'll be giving away and the silent auction items. Got some great stuff comin down the barrel! Keep the cross hairs on this thread!

Hopefully i'm not booked that weekend but I am planning on making it. I would like to put my trailer to good use again.

View attachment 486206
Yep, that trailer will come in real handy! We may have to haul to a remote location, (not sure where yet), because of a recent problem with a dumpster on a forest road.

It seems some vandals attacked the dumpster, cut the lock, spilled trash all over and spray painted it! It was the dumpster that OHA had arranged for and Trash No Land also used it a couple weekends ago. It was simply on one of the forest roads and left for the weekend until disposal could come pick it up.

ODF is now facing an additional charge for the repairs. Doesn't seem right that they not only pay for the rental and disposal, along with delivery and pickup, that they should pay for repairs too! So, I'm thinking perhaps we can help them out and cover the cost (which I don't think will be too much). ODF is going to let me know what the repair estimate is and I think we should consider pooling a few bucks to help out. We'll also check with OHA to see if they'll chip in. I wouldn't doubt it if other recreation groups would be willing to chip in. We all use ODF to provide the trash disposal for our cleanups and they pay a lot for that. It's only right that we consider ourselves as their insurance coverage. It's like saying, we got your back!

So, they may park the next dumpster down in the gravel yard on Hwy 26 and we'll need to haul trash down there.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews