Cleanup at Tillamook Beaver Dam Rock Quarry

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by Cogs, Aug 6, 2018.

Can you help support public land shooting!

1. You got it! I'm in!

79.2%
  2. It's on my radar!

20.8%
  1. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Browns Camp Cover.jpg
    We will be cleaning up the Browns Camp gravel pit, (Beaver Dam Rock Quarry in The Tillamook State Forest), where a lot of target shooting takes place and needs our stewardship attention.

Win some awesome prizes in our free raffle! We encourage you to support our vendors who graciously donated to furthering our cause for responsible recreational shooting.

Vendors.jpg
    Silent Auction: We'll have a couple special items available for bidding in our silent auction! Help support Trash No Land in our endeavors to save and improve recreational shooting on public lands!

We meet at 9 AM, Safety briefing at 9:15, Lunch & prizes at 12 noon. You may stay and play with a group shoot after the event, if shooting is allowed by ODF on that date.

Meeting place:

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/31GeeAibtdG2

GPS: 45°36'40.4"N 123°21'45.8"W

Potluck Lunch: Bring something to share! Trash No Land is in for bringing a bunch of hot dogs, buns & condomints, but we'll need something to go with it. Salads, drinks and snacks! Thank you!!!

This event is open to the Public, Family, Kids 12 & over and your Friends. All are welcome!

Tillamook State Forest will provide the trash bags and disposal! (Thank you TSF!)

You'll need to bring Gloves, Boots, Rake, Picker, Magnet, and what you feel helps get it done. If you can, we could use a couple Wheelbarrows or Wagons, Pick-up trucks & trailers that are OK to haul garbage.

Firearm Policy: Handling or use of a firearm during event hours is not allowed at our events and is not an official part of our events. You may recreate as you wish after the event concludes.

Official Website Event: 8-25-18 Browns Camp Quarry

Stewardship Keeps It Open!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

You know I’ll be there!

Let’s 86 the camp out the night before, unless it is somewhere far far from the pit. Lol!

I’ve not gotten out much as of lately, kids just learned to crawl! So I’ll likely go a little nuts on the after party.

:s0003:

cigars, AshWilliams, 6Corsa6 and 4 others like this.
  3. Kristina

Kristina
    Portland, OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Woot woot!

Mister Bisley and Cogs like this.
  4. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

@Kruejl think you can make this one? I’ll bring all those things you need to shoot of mine.

5. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Forest Grove
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, I'm thinking it's time for me to jump in and help out. Funny, I was just thinking about responding here. :)

Mister Bisley, Kristina and Cogs like this.
  6. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

Awesome, @Cogs and I will make sure you earn that green badge!;)

Mister Bisley likes this.
  7. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Forest Grove
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

My wife is in for this too. Put us down for being there. The only thing that would hang me up is if my dad is still having problems (he's still in the hospital). Otherwise, we're in. :)

8. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Yeah, fill this site with the lovely color of green! It's what we do.

9. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Forest Grove

I'll bring my work truck. It's only a Ranger, but I'm happy to haul and dispose (on my dime) at the dump.

10. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.

Prayers and best wishes for Dear 'Ol Dad!

cigars, Mister Bisley and LuckySG like this.
  11. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Forest Grove

Thanks Bill. He's been in for a week now.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this!

Mister Bisley, Reno911 and Cogs like this.
  12. WrenchNguns

WrenchNguns
    Clark County, Wa
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Hey @Cogs , I'm am bummed. My family and I will be at the beach for the weekend :(. I was really hoping to be able to make the next clean up. I hope it goes well.

Taco_lean and Cogs like this.
  13. Timbertodd

Timbertodd
    Aloha
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

I am planning to be there and will bring a case of bottled water.

14. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    DON'T CALIFORNIA OREGON. Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Hopefully i'm not booked that weekend but I am planning on making it. I would like to put my trailer to good use again.

IMG_20160521_103204.jpg

15. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

@LuckySG this is the clean up I referenced earlier.

Let us know if you would like to contribute?

Thanks!

Reno911

16. LuckySG

LuckySG
    Banks, Oregon
    Lucky Sporting Goods in Banks, OR Supporting Vendor 2018 Volunteer

Of course! I think this is a gun show weekend so I might not make it, but we can get some awesome goody or goodies up for grabs. Anyone what to chime in on the category you would like a prize from?

17. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

Anything you are willing to donate in the regards to responsible recreational shooting.

Like legal targets, safety gear, or well, anything is greatly appreciated!

18. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.

I edited the OP to reflect the Lucky Sporting Goods logo. Thank you @LuckySG !

Pretty soon, I'll be posting pics & info on the prizes we'll be giving away and the silent auction items. Got some great stuff comin down the barrel! Keep the cross hairs on this thread!

coyoteman5 and Mister Bisley like this.
  19. ConcernedCitizen

ConcernedCitizen
    Tigard/Tualatin
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2018 Volunteer

I should be able to make it. Any good camping nearby?

20. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.

Yep, that trailer will come in real handy! We may have to haul to a remote location, (not sure where yet), because of a recent problem with a dumpster on a forest road.

It seems some vandals attacked the dumpster, cut the lock, spilled trash all over and spray painted it! It was the dumpster that OHA had arranged for and Trash No Land also used it a couple weekends ago. It was simply on one of the forest roads and left for the weekend until disposal could come pick it up.

ODF is now facing an additional charge for the repairs. Doesn't seem right that they not only pay for the rental and disposal, along with delivery and pickup, that they should pay for repairs too! So, I'm thinking perhaps we can help them out and cover the cost (which I don't think will be too much). ODF is going to let me know what the repair estimate is and I think we should consider pooling a few bucks to help out. We'll also check with OHA to see if they'll chip in. I wouldn't doubt it if other recreation groups would be willing to chip in. We all use ODF to provide the trash disposal for our cleanups and they pay a lot for that. It's only right that we consider ourselves as their insurance coverage. It's like saying, we got your back!

So, they may park the next dumpster down in the gravel yard on Hwy 26 and we'll need to haul trash down there.

Legs, cigars, Tarawa86 and 2 others like this.