JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope, not in Portland. A Multnomah County Judge ruled otherwise after the arresting officer testified that he thought the pocket clip might be for a cell phone and did not recognize it as a pocket knife. He also showed how he was able to wrist flick it open making the standard pocket knife a gravity knife.
Something seems fishy about that, but it is Portland!
Judges rulings do not make it law. Just another potential loophole.
Life goes on so I'll continue to carry my knife, clip exposed believing it to be "unconcealed" , and likely along with everyone else, and do it without any expectation of grief from the rest of the more reasonable and intelligent officers of Multnomah county.
At least until they make the proverbial federal case out of it and into law.

The suspect was at a demonstration and taunting police. They wanted a reason to arrest him so they found one. The lower courts ruling was appealed and the appeals court dismissed the appeal and let the lower courts ruling stand. At least this did not set legal precedent. The young defendant also had a public defender for an atty. The best defense is don't do anything to give the police reason to stop you in the first place.

20.12.050 Possession of Weapons. | Chapter 20.12 Prohibited Conduct | The City of Portland, Oregon

C'mon.... look at what the City of Portland prohibits in their parks. I always carry a knife that opens by centrifugal force. UGH.:mad:o_O

According to the penalties section of the Portland City Code, any personal property that is used in the commission of a city ordinance violation, will be confiscated by the city.

So say bye, bye to your knife.

Plus you can be fined up to $500.

C82BD2AE-5A24-470B-86D7-18150CBD7018.png

Portland is amazing. You all would sport a chub if I could post the vid that goes with the clip above...jest sayin'

Attachments

• E4CAB11D-2E14-4FA1-A6E5-98BEBC9A2F5F.mov
    2.6 MB · Views: 128

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR