JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i dont give a flying rats sphincter what portland says. when i reluctantly have to go there, you can damnwell bet i got atleast 1 9mm and a knife on me.

It is hard to walk thru NE and NW Portland without encountering a Portland park in your way. Some are small and inconspicuous and others are large and include the sidewalk. You would almost have to plan your route through there to get to a destination. It also makes it almost impossible to get to some merchants without passing through a park. Portland's rules make it an unfriendly place to carry a defensive weapon, and as pointed out earlier, the homeless are generally armed and ignored by the PPD.

My wife and I spent many years working at the World Trade Center - the magnet for Antifa, and other protesters as well as their share of homeless.. She is retiring September 4th.

Just don't go.
I spent 12 years on the 7th floor of WTC1. Many's the time I went home early to avoid planned protests. I was never so glad as the day I retired and no longer had to step over the derelicts to get to work in the morning.

Last Edited:
These degenerates are high and have weapons. I have a CHL and I carry the highest level of personal insurance (USCCA member). I will not confirm or deny if I have defense weapons available to me while on the job but when I am off "duty" I carry a firearm, knife, flashlight etc.... my EDC.

I hope I never have to use any force on another human or animal, but if it happens, I am insured and I have money to fight the BS liberal, and corrupted system. I have personally had the pleasure of dealing with the DA and what a joke they were.

Even if you are in the right and innocent, they will still F with you, but if you have backup (personal defense insurance), that intimidates them and they will probably want to find someone who isn't well protected.

Oh I forgot, sometimes I carry my Benchmade Infidel or Microtech ultratech ;) .... of course I don't conceal when I carry those knives. And yes the Infidel is double sided and both knives are automatic. I do it because it pisses off the protectionists.... you know, the libtards :D

With all due respect, if you don't remove this post you're an idiot.

Stuff on the innanet never goes away. God forbid you get into a violent situation and need to use whatever means necessary to protect yourself. Some a-hole is going to comb over everything you've ever done and said, including the quoted post. Then he's gonna put your words in front of a jury of your "peers" (but only if you're a bleeding heart liberal) to show that you actually looked forward to popping a cap in someone's a$$.

Then your insurer is gonna run for cover and you're screwed.

Don't ask don't tell. Just my opinion.

P

That's Oregon law, not just Portland. "Gravity" knives have always been prohibited, along with "dirks, daggers, and icepicks". :rolleyes:

ORS 166.240

(1)Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

In general, many folks seem to be outraged when laws like this happens in the USA, but make sneery comments about 'wimps and sheeple' when similar law is enacted here in UK. Mind you, I can state categorically that we don't have any 'slungshots' over here.

tac

In general, many folks seem to be outraged when laws like this happens in the USA, but make sneery comments about 'wimps and sheeple' when similar law is enacted here in UK. Mind you, I can state categorically that we don't have any 'slungshots' over here.

tac

Despite restrictions on certain types of knives, which are being fought by knife rights groups, we don't have stupid all out bans. You won't get arrested for having a folding knife, and even the most brainless politician would not utter Sadiq Khan's nonsense that theres no reason to carry a knife.

We get outraged righteously at stupid laws here, because its an infringment on our natural rights - and yours. But remember we are a nation born of rebellion against yours, so there's going to be pot shots and snide comments because we look at how different our nations have evolved. Despite the constant medua assault, gun rights have generally been expanding here. More states going right to carry. SCOTUS rulings forcing states to allow some form of carry outside the home. Despite school shootings and crap like Las Vegas, we've pretty much held the line. We don't have another Clintonian AWB.

If we ever get to that point, feel free to take the snide shots at us.

Just a little point here, if you'll forgive the little jeu des mots, I'm 73, I've worn a knife - well, a multi-tool that has a couple of knife blades on it - every day of my life since around 1984, and I have yet to be stopped and searched, let alone arrested. Why? Because of where I live and my lifestyle, which does not involve me hanging around in groups of a nature that the general public feel is threatening in any way.

tac

That's Oregon law, not just Portland. "Gravity" knives have always been prohibited, along with "dirks, daggers, and icepicks". :rolleyes:

ORS 166.240

(1)Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.
Key word to understanding ORS 166.240 being "concealed"
Clipped on a pocket giving visual witness to its presents is a carry game changer.

I've always wondered. Why does my permit specifically state, "Concealed Pistol"? o_O
To me it was always a' "Concealed Weapons Permit", until I was told, I could carry a
concealed pistol, but I could be arrested for carrying a concealed knife.:rolleyes: :confused::confused:

I'm going to assume most of, if not all of, you are law abiding citizens. You should read the law. ORS 166.173 say cities, counties and the like may make laws regulating and prohibiting carrying blah blah blah. And while I don't worry so much about my knife, it's a simple CRKT M16, I'm always reading laws as they apply to guns. ORS 166.173 also says the laws regulating and prohibiting do not affect or effect law enforcement, active duty military blah blah and most importantly to me persons legally permitted to carry a handgun concealed. This is a lot to do about nothing.

Went to the landscaping renovation show at the memorial coliseum this weekend with the wife. Paid $10 for parking, walked down the street, went inside with a group of people and heard a security guard tell us all "no pocket knives allowed, leave them in your car." So naturally, I discreetly unclipped my Kershaw and slid it into my pocket. Then, I look farther down the way and see security herding folks through metal detectors and wanding others. Naturally, I was carrying (it's Portland, people) so I noped the F outta there fast. Couldn't get a parking rebate, but boy did I feel safer! :confused:

Public building they can not stop you from carrying if you have a CHL

20180825_205508.jpg Some a-hole is going to comb over everything you've ever done and said, including the quoted post. Then he's gonna put your words in front of a jury of your "peers" (but only if you're a bleeding heart liberal) to show that you actually looked forward to popping a cap in someone's a$$.

With all due respect, if you don't remove this post you're an idiot.

Stuff on the innanet never goes away. God forbid you get into a violent situation and need to use whatever means necessary to protect yourself. Some a-hole is going to comb over everything you've ever done and said, including the quoted post. Then he's gonna put your words in front of a jury of your "peers" (but only if you're a bleeding heart liberal) to show that you actually looked forward to popping a cap in someone's a$$.

Then your insurer is gonna run for cover and you're screwed.

Don't ask don't tell. Just my opinion.
P

I was attacked by 5 lawyers for 4 years ! The internet was one of the places they went over with a fine tooth comb.
Obviously they found nothing on me, they even called my out of state friends and relatives (they were desperate)

Please be careful what you post, its there FOREVER!

Yes, I was innocent and they new it, but it cost me all my retirement $$ just to defend myself from these low life scum bags pieces of .........

Key word to understanding ORS 166.240 being "concealed"
Clipped on a pocket giving visual witness to its presents is a carry game changer.

Nope, not in Portland. A Multnomah County Judge ruled otherwise after the arresting officer testified that he thought the pocket clip might be for a cell phone and did not recognize it as a pocket knife. He also showed how he was able to wrist flick it open making the standard pocket knife a gravity knife.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top