JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh no!! We can't carry our Viking war axes in the park in Seattle? That'll eliminate violence all right.
I prefer pistol anyway, and will probably never go to the park in Portland.
A few years back the city of Seattle entertained folks by letting a Samurai Sword armed nut case injure several Officers. SFD refused to turn their hoses on him and the guy ended up in the hospital because of it.

I work in Portland and in my line of work, I deal with a lot of transients or as I call them, degenerates. A lot of them have knives, improvised weapons that cut or can be used as a blunt object, pepper spray, and loaded or unloaded uncapped syringes. I also get the impression that the Portland Police have a bit of a hands off approach, they take it way too easy on a good number of the transients who are a problem. My co-workers and I constantly run into meth, heroin, cocaine, and marijuana on the transients we deal with.

These degenerates are high and have weapons. I have a CHL and I carry the highest level of personal insurance (USCCA member). I will not confirm or deny if I have defense weapons available to me while on the job but when I am off "duty" I carry a firearm, knife, flashlight etc.... my EDC.

I hope I never have to use any force on another human or animal, but if it happens, I am insured and I have money to fight the BS liberal, and corrupted system. I have personally had the pleasure of dealing with the DA and what a joke they were.

Even if you are in the right and innocent, they will still F with you, but if you have backup (personal defense insurance), that intimidates them and they will probably want to find someone who isn't well protected.

Oh I forgot, sometimes I carry my Benchmade Infidel or Microtech ultratech ;) .... of course I don't conceal when I carry those knives. And yes the Infidel is double sided and both knives are automatic. I do it because it pisses off the protectionists.... you know, the libtards :D

Me, I'm never without my Gerber…

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.images-iherb.com%2Fl%2FGBR-02640-2.jpg

Went to the landscaping renovation show at the memorial coliseum this weekend with the wife. Paid $10 for parking, walked down the street, went inside with a group of people and heard a security guard tell us all "no pocket knives allowed, leave them in your car." So naturally, I discreetly unclipped my Kershaw and slid it into my pocket. Then, I look farther down the way and see security herding folks through metal detectors and wanding others. Naturally, I was carrying (it's Portland, people) so I noped the F outta there fast. Couldn't get a parking rebate, but boy did I feel safer! :confused:

It is hard to walk thru NE and NW Portland without encountering a Portland park in your way. Some are small and inconspicuous and others are large and include the sidewalk. You would almost have to plan your route through there to get to a destination. It also makes it almost impossible to get to some merchants without passing through a park. Portland's rules make it an unfriendly place to carry a defensive weapon, and as pointed out earlier, the homeless are generally armed and ignored by the PPD.

My wife and I spent many years working at the World Trade Center - the magnet for Antifa, and other protesters as well as their share of homeless.. She is retiring September 4th.

Just don't go.

Went to the landscaping renovation show at the memorial coliseum this weekend with the wife. Paid $10 for parking, walked down the street, went inside with a group of people and heard a security guard tell us all "no pocket knives allowed, leave them in your car." So naturally, I discreetly unclipped my Kershaw and slid it into my pocket. Then, I look farther down the way and see security herding folks through metal detectors and wanding others. Naturally, I was carrying (it's Portland, people) so I noped the F outta there fast. Couldn't get a parking rebate, but boy did I feel safer! :confused:

Knife, gun and a pen.
One of these is alowed in places such as the Court House.
This is my nice pen for the court or whatever.
Made by CRKT
pen.jpg

My ECC one is a stainless Gerber pen with a carbide tip glass breaker.
Heavy and stout. Hmm, that one got left at work, now it's gonna drive me nuts.

Either one will put a hurting on someone if they get that close to me.
And they have never been looked at twice.

Knife, gun and a pen.
One of these is alowed in places such as the Court House.
This is my nice pen for the court or whatever.
Made by CRKT
View attachment 491110

My ECC one is a stainless Gerber pen with a carbide tip glass breaker.
Heavy and stout. Hmm, that one got left at work, now it's gonna drive me nuts.

Either one will put a hurting on someone if they get that close to me.
And they have never been looked at twice.
Well, I appreciate the input, but ultimately my first mistake was thinking that Portland was the place to go to have an enjoyable time. Silly me!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top