JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tuesday night I took an online course, after twenty minutes and ten dollars later I printed my certificate. Wednesday I was in and out of the sheriffs office in about fifteen minutes. Saturday I received my card.

Way, way easier than I ever thought it was going to be... dunno why I waited so long.

Welcome to the club buddy.... doesn't it feel good to be able to conceal carry? make sure you don't get in a situation where you end up loose the CHL. Also I am not sure if you know but with that CHL you can also open carry in cities where open carry is not allowed.... like Portland and many more.

Yea, feels great. I remember about ten years ago a coworker b*tching about how much of a pain it was to get, that kinda discouraged me all along. Reading others post on here kicked my butt into gear and it was really an easy process .

Congrats, I recently renewed my CHL in Washingtin, Co. OR. Went in and paid the fee, got my pic took and had my new CHL license in the mail within two days.

The one line course thing is cool. I had to sit thru a class with some boob that barely knew what he was talking about when I first got my CHL. Wish the on line thing would have been available when I first got mine.

Online courses are great if you are alread trained in firearm safety AND the legality of the use of deadly force in your state. For a newbie I would strongly encourage a comprehensive course to learn about when you can or can not use deadly force. Many newbie's don't understand that in Oregon you can not run outside and shoot someone for stealing your tires when they do not pose a physical threat. A course in shooting is also a good thing for a newbie. I would not want to be down range when they spray and pray at a bad guy.

Online courses are great if you are alread trained in firearm safety AND the legality of the use of deadly force in your state. For a newbie I would strongly encourage a comprehensive course to learn about when you can or can not use deadly force. Many newbie's don't understand that in Oregon you can not run outside and shoot someone for stealing your tires when they do not pose a physical threat. A course in shooting is also a good thing for a newbie. I would not want to be down range when they spray and pray at a bad guy.

Yes in ORS 161.219 the wording is "Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling" In being the key word here.

Looks like a necropost, the original post was from January of 2012. My understand is that the rising demand for CHL's has created a backlog of applications and lengthy delays in most counties.

Got my WA lic in 3 days! Just a form, $50.75 and digital finger prints. No class or certification required. They must see it as; if you are going to own a firearm, then it's up to you to learn and know how to use it. I like that. I'd like it even better if they would consider the 2nd Amendment as the only license I need!

Next is to get my Oregon lic. Mostly because I spend 60+ hrs a week in Oregon for work. Then, I'll still need to get something to conceal!

I'd like to know what County would be best to apply.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top