Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CHL in only five days

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by noworkjustfish, Jan 1, 2012.

1. noworkjustfish

noworkjustfish Battle Ground, WA Member

Tuesday night I took an online course, after twenty minutes and ten dollars later I printed my certificate. Wednesday I was in and out of the sheriffs office in about fifteen minutes. Saturday I received my card.

Way, way easier than I ever thought it was going to be... dunno why I waited so long.

2. DeletedUser1

DeletedUser1 Member

what course online?

3. noworkjustfish

spookshack likes this.
  4. mat33

mat33 Portland, OR Active Member

There was a recent thread with several online course options. Some free.
    http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/29615-take-your-chl-class-line-$49-99-legit.html

5. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club buddy.... doesn't it feel good to be able to conceal carry? make sure you don't get in a situation where you end up loose the CHL. Also I am not sure if you know but with that CHL you can also open carry in cities where open carry is not allowed.... like Portland and many more.

DuneHopper likes this.
  6. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Excellent.
    Mike

7. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congrats on your CHL. Feels good, doesn't it?

8. noworkjustfish

Yea, feels great. I remember about ten years ago a coworker b*tching about how much of a pain it was to get, that kinda discouraged me all along. Reading others post on here kicked my butt into gear and it was really an easy process .

spookshack likes this.
  9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Congrats, I recently renewed my CHL in Washingtin, Co. OR. Went in and paid the fee, got my pic took and had my new CHL license in the mail within two days.

The one line course thing is cool. I had to sit thru a class with some boob that barely knew what he was talking about when I first got my CHL. Wish the on line thing would have been available when I first got mine.

spookshack likes this.
  10. KarlGrath

KarlGrath Salem New Member

Congrats! And I agree, Online CHL courses really make all the difference, in my experience.

11. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Online courses are great if you are alread trained in firearm safety AND the legality of the use of deadly force in your state. For a newbie I would strongly encourage a comprehensive course to learn about when you can or can not use deadly force. Many newbie's don't understand that in Oregon you can not run outside and shoot someone for stealing your tires when they do not pose a physical threat. A course in shooting is also a good thing for a newbie. I would not want to be down range when they spray and pray at a bad guy.

BDA.45 and Koda like this.
  12. i3izzy

i3izzy FG, OR Active Member

Yes in ORS 161.219 the wording is "Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling" In being the key word here.

13. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Congrats! Washington County?

14. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

Looks like a necropost, the original post was from January of 2012. My understand is that the rising demand for CHL's has created a backlog of applications and lengthy delays in most counties.

spookshack likes this.
  15. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Is this on line course only for Or residents? I am out of state but do own a business in Or.

16. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Very few sheriffs will issue for out of state people although some do. Usually on the borders and with some stipulations. I would call the sheriff in the county in which you own a business.

17. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Got my WA lic in 3 days! Just a form, $50.75 and digital finger prints. No class or certification required. They must see it as; if you are going to own a firearm, then it's up to you to learn and know how to use it. I like that. I'd like it even better if they would consider the 2nd Amendment as the only license I need!

Next is to get my Oregon lic. Mostly because I spend 60+ hrs a week in Oregon for work. Then, I'll still need to get something to conceal!

I'd like to know what County would be best to apply.

18. glorydays4ever

glorydays4ever Happy Valley Active Member

I did an online course also. Very easy and the Clackamas County Sheriff's office part was easy as well. The one I did was a little more money(not $10) but for how easy it was my was worth it. Received my CHL in the mail fairly fast. 2-3 weeks.

#Online course +1 :)

http://oregonconcealed.com/

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    .45's and .38's likes this.
  19. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

I am also interested in getting a CHL soon. I will send you a convo glorydays if you want to let me know what online course you used. I am also in Clackamas County. :)

20. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

The only business you need to worry about is in chat!:p:D