JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perceived temperature has a lot to do with context.
On the 1st sunny day after our 1st winter where it snows I went for a walk to soak up some rays was enjoying a lovely warm day.
As I passed the gas station I caught a glimpse of the thermometer - 43 deg.

The last year that we wintered in Quartzsite AZ, it was snowing hard and 25F here in La Grande. When we got to our campsite out on the desert, it was 65F. Heat wave!

We were wandering around in shorts and tshirts, while all the locals had winter ski coats on... what a hoot!

From my European tour I learned that to convert KPH into MPH (you know, because all of their speedometers are wrong), just times it by 6 and drop the last digit. It comes in pretty darned close for a quick conversion in your head.

35 x 6 = ... what, the carry the which ... math quick in the head. Just like you guys who can see a fraction of a bolt and know that it is 10mm and you won't have a socket for that ...

35 x 6 = ... what, the carry the which ... math quick in the head. Just like you guys who can see a fraction of a bolt and know that it is 10mm and you won't have a socket for that ...
Common hwy speed in the metric countries is 100kph. 100x6=600. Drop the zero so approx 60mph.
Regarding bolts, don't get me started. There's Japanese metric and Euro metric. While they both have common head sizes and shank diameters, 10mm, 12mm, etc, the difference is thread pitch. Oh wait, then once upon a time our British friends came up with Whitworth....

Common hwy speed in the metric countries is 100kph. 100x6=600. Drop the zero so approx 60mph.
Regarding bolts, don't get me started. There's Japanese metric and Euro metric. While they both have common head sizes and shank diameters, 10mm, 12mm, etc, the difference is thread pitch. Oh wait, then once upon a time our British friends came up with Whitworth....
And don't forget Acme threading for some real old, real vintage machinery :rolleyes: :s0064::s0002:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews