JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What if while gunless because of some fricking sign you meet the love of your life, who is totally uninterested in you because you are acting all naked and afraid, and the glorious life together you were meant to have never happens?

And sometimes vegetarians go to BBQ joints.

The point of many laws is to do what the least intelligent people can't do - make good choices. People go to bars to drink. We know that so many people that do so can't be trusted afterwards because half a million people get caught DUI per year. Half a million, and that's just how many are caught.

Drunk people are dumb people. Bars are good places for guns the way oxygen tents are good places for smoking.
the problem with this is prohibiting guns does absolutly nothing to prevent drunk or violent people bringing them in. A lot more people are responsible with alcohol than there arent. Cars or guns regardless.

This should be well known by gun rights supporters by now.

The fed's denied a fireworks permit for a show at mt rushmore for the second year in a row. Too Trumpish for Brandon's optics.

The no guns sign is political, no other reason.

What if while gunless because of some fricking sign you meet the love of your life, who is totally uninterested in you because you are acting all naked and afraid, and the glorious life together you were meant to have never happens?
The sign of being without fear is that you are armed to the teeth? Showering must be terrifying.

the problem with this is prohibiting guns does absolutly nothing to prevent drunk or violent people bringing them in. A lot more people are responsible with alcohol than there arent. Cars or guns regardless.

This should be well known by gun rights supporters by now.
When you have a crowded bar, one gunfight is too many. It doesn't matter if everyone else is on their best behavior.

People in society don't exist in a vacuum. There are consequences to actions and inactions that occur near others.

When you have a crowded bar, one gunfight is too many. It doesn't matter if everyone else is on their best behavior.

People in society don't exist in a vacuum. There are consequences to actions and inactions that occur near others.
what does that have to do with preventing someone illegally bringing a gun into a bar and starting a fight?

what does that have to do with preventing someone illegally bringing a gun into a bar and starting a fight?
That regulations about where you can carry are sometimes worthwhile because you sometimes have to account for the dummies. Everything in a society can't be viewed through the lens of personal liberty.

That regulations about where you can carry are sometimes worthwhile because you sometimes have to account for the dummies. Everything in a society can't be viewed through the lens of personal liberty.
Weve gone full circle on this. So I will ask again... what does banning guns have to do with preventing anyone from bringing one into a bar?
The question isnt about personal liberties, its about the laws effectiveness.

Weve gone full circle on this. So I will ask again... what does banning guns have to do with preventing anyone from bringing one into a bar?
The question isnt about personal liberties, its about the laws effectiveness.
It reduces the number of people that have no premeditation to shoot anyone but lack the self restraint to not react violently when slighted and drunk.

I completely agree with you but I made a decision of risk vs reward. Millions of people have visited there without issue. If I was outed there it would have lasting repercussions.
Yeahbutt think about it…. in the end, you may have ended up having your likeness carved in up there next to Lincoln's!

Ahhhh…. lost opportunities, we'll just never know. :s0153:

What's shocking is that we are supposed to believe that concealed weapons and crowds or booze represent no risk.
Concealed weapons in the hands of law abiding citizens (e.g. CHL holders) are a threat to no one.
Happens to me all the time. It sucks.

says who?
when has this ever happened in Oregon?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top