JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go for it! If I can do the CZ 75 spring kit (one of the more difficult installs), you can surely do the G3. You're going to be fine.
Hi,
I got the springs and I was able to do pretty much everything right. Even the tension lock pin springs. The only thing I wasn't really sure is the when I was putting back the rear part. Not the spring but the left coupler (see picture). Mine does not have a safety like in the video. I went around it and this is the only position I see that will fit and has the scratch markings on the metal to metal. Does this looks familiar to you? Anyways I assembled it, all function works. even the slide release. I put 2 snap caps, fire and reload, fire, reload shake and drop it on the floor and didn't accidentally fire. I haven't final lube it yet because I put a blue thread-locker in each pins and I'll set it to dry after 24 hours before I completely lube it and back together. If everything is well, I'l bring it to the range. I'll put 1 bullet. Then 2 and I wanna make sure it will not do any surprise. Then 5 then 16 rounds and see how it goes. I notice right away that the dry fire is smooth and the trigger weight is lesser and smoother landing in the same spot where it was. We'll see. Let me know what you think about the coupler.
Thanks.. H

1707115389574.jpeg
1707119439782.jpeg

Last Edited:
Hi,
I got the springs and I was able to do pretty much everything right. Even the tension lock pin springs. The only thing I wasn't really sure is the when I was putting back the rear part. Not the spring but the left coupler (see picture). Mine does not have a safety like in the video. I went around it and this is the only position I see that will fit and has the scratch markings on the metal to metal. Does this looks familiar to you? Anyways I assembled it, all function works. even the slide release. I put 2 snap caps, fire and reload, fire, reload shake and drop it on the floor and didn't accidentally fire. I haven't final lube it yet because I put a blue thread-locker in each pins and I'll set it to dry after 24 hours before I completely lube it and back together. If everything is well, I'l bring it to the range. I'll put 1 bullet. Then 2 and I wanna make sure it will not do any surprise. Then 5 then 16 rounds and see how it goes. I notice right away that the dry fire is smooth and the trigger weight is lesser and smoother landing in the same spot where it was. We'll see. Let me know what you think about the coupler.
Thanks.. HView attachment 1816145
I'm not familiar with that gun. I see that the MCARBO video is for the G3, not specifically the X video. Their forum seems to be down. I did a quick search and there don't seem to be many repair videos out for the G3X yet. I guess you could email MCARBO help at [email protected].

I'm not familiar with that gun. I see that the MCARBO video is for the G3, not specifically the X video. Their forum seems to be down. I did a quick search and there don't seem to be many repair videos out for the G3X yet. I guess you could email MCARBO help at [email protected].
Yes . pretty much the same without the safety. I'm actually excited to take it to the range on Tuesday. I felt right away there is a big difference on the trigger AND when I rack the slide back its super easy!
Great call. I'll send an email to him. Thank you much. :s0010:

Last Edited:
Well done. Please give us a range report when you shoot it!
Took the Taurus G3X to the range and works beautiful! Wow the trigger is unbelievable. I like the smoothness and a lighter feel. it it fires as the same position it was and that's what I want.
I am experiencing a bit more of the light primer strike "than before." I was initially anticipating it for it felt the firing pin has lesser strike weight (if that's correct). Plus I brought this "el-cheapo" rounds I have. I probably still have like 700 of these left. But my regular ammo is CCI Blazer 124 grain. I never had any issue with those before. I was thinking maybe I should bring the blazer next time and try it off before I think about changing something.
I have a question. "If" I decide to change the strike springs to more tension or heavier ones, would it affect the "New" weight of the trigger? Anyways before I do anything else, I would like to fire it more fires and see where its really at. Honestly that ammo below I bought like 1,800 rounds of those. It was just "Okay" but I'm not planning to buy anymore of those. Initially, the CCI was always been flawless on the money! Thanks,
1707258449483.png

On the Ruger 10/22, I was able to install the new quick release on the red dot and was able to try it on Threat Dynamics today. I'm totally happy with this short distance setup. I wanna try the another medium distance scope on outdoors this time. I'm gonna get me a stand. :s0032:

1707260826209.jpeg
SAM_5410.JPG
SAM_5411.JPG
SAM_5185.JPG

Well I don't really know what happened, last thing I did was place a new classified ad and I just got an email saying I was banned until February 13 for rules violation. WTH???

If any of you are a member of taurusarmed.net could ya do some snooping around for me.
Actually I am completely shocked. Actually I'm not because those Canadian forum owners have no sense of humor.

View attachment 1813429
Do the Canucks even still have any guns to forum around with?

Brutus Out

Took the Taurus G3X to the range and works beautiful! Wow the trigger is unbelievable. I like the smoothness and a lighter feel. it it fires as the same position it was and that's what I want.
I am experiencing a bit more of the light primer strike "than before." I was initially anticipating it for it felt the firing pin has lesser strike weight (if that's correct). Plus I brought this "el-cheapo" rounds I have. I probably still have like 700 of these left. But my regular ammo is CCI Blazer 124 grain. I never had any issue with those before. I was thinking maybe I should bring the blazer next time and try it off before I think about changing something.
I have a question. "If" I decide to change the strike springs to more tension or heavier ones, would it affect the "New" weight of the trigger? Anyways before I do anything else, I would like to fire it more fires and see where its really at. Honestly that ammo below I bought like 1,800 rounds of those. It was just "Okay" but I'm not planning to buy anymore of those. Initially, the CCI was always been flawless on the money! Thanks,
View attachment 1817194

On the Ruger 10/22, I was able to install the new quick release on the red dot and was able to try it on Threat Dynamics today. I'm totally happy with this short distance setup. I wanna try the another medium distance scope on outdoors this time. I'm gonna get me a stand. :s0032:

View attachment 1817236
View attachment 1817238
View attachment 1817239
View attachment 1817243
Changing out just the striker spring will affect feel of the trigger pull a little. It can also lead to the trigger not resetting correctly. Probably not, but if it does, you'll want to go back to the original trigger spring too. But remember you did some polishing in there, so it's never going to be as bad as it was. I've never liked Herter's either. It seems to me it's about on par with Wolf only it burns a little cleaner.

If you expect you might ever to use the gun for self-defense, it would be a good idea to run a few rounds of whatever SD ammo you have through it.

Changing out just the striker spring will affect feel of the trigger pull a little. It can also lead to the trigger not resetting correctly. Probably not, but if it does, you'll want to go back to the original trigger spring too. But remember you did some polishing in there, so it's never going to be as bad as it was. I've never liked Herter's either. It seems to me it's about on par with Wolf only it burns a little cleaner.

If you expect you might ever to use the gun for self-defense, it would be a good idea to run a few rounds of whatever SD ammo you have through it.
The remaining el-cheapo ammo, I'll fire it on the GX4. Then I'll use all my better one like the CCi Blazer 5201 124 grain. That fired flawless on any of my handgun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top