JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the midst of prolonged gunplay against the bad guys, the hero and the girl hide behind something and whisper stuff to each other, as if they can actually hear a damn thing.

Never ceases to beguile and amaze me how all them guns never need to be reloaded, EVER! I once counted shots out of a WW2 1911, 21 rounds!!! Some where there is a sight that checks these "Facts" and the record for shots fired is way up there!

I'm watching a new series.. Westworld. It's pretty interesting.
In the opening credits though they show a close-up of a robot pulling the trigger on a hammer down single-action Colt revolver.. the trigger cocks the gun and it fires. Doh!

I always enjoy when they repeatedly pull the trigger on an empty glock and it keeps clicking as though its possible.
I like when every time somebody pulls out a gun, it always makes a racking sound even if they didn't rack it. I would like to have that sound accompany my ball point pen every time I sign something.

Last Edited:
I like when every time somebody pulls out a gun, it always makes a racking sound even if they didn't rack it. I would like to have sound accompany my ball point pent everytime I sign something.
If I could have the sound of a shotgun racking everytime I flip open my phone l'd be pleased with that. And yes I still operate with a flip phone...

Now you've done it.... Hollywood and guns are one of my biggest pet peaves. How many times can you get sparking bullets ricochets off everything from car doors to wooden crates? Then there are the explosions from shooting everything from propane bottles to car gas tanks..... good grief... Hollywood has done more to harm our hobby with this kind of crud as most people unfamiliar with firearms actually believe this stuff.
One of my favorite non gun related bloopers though was when a car took off in the move Roadhouse squeeling tires.... on a DIRT road....o_O

My vote for best shootout ever in a Western goes to the movie Open Range. It holds the record for the longest continuous shootout scene ever in a western. I think the shootout is even better than the one in Tombstone, which is also pretty darned good. I can watch either movie over and over... and have.

I didn't catch any obvious boo-boos, but then I just enjoy it too much to care. :s0093:

Last Edited:
Favorite western movie shootouts:
Jack Palance shooting "Torrie" in Shane.
Also the final shootout between Alan Ladd and Jack Palance in Shane.
The" Missouri Boat ride" scene and" Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie" scene in The Outlaw Josey Wales.
For war movies , I really like the final "walk up to the tank" in Kelly's Heroes ... But then that's just a western in disguise. LOL!
Andy

This thread is like red wine... it grew better with age.
And they actually RELOAD in this movie! Check out the lightning quick reload Val does on his rifle, THAT'S how it should be done!!!

Not only that, he doesn't sweep his muzzle on anything apart from his targets... pushing an advance to get out of the KZ all awhile covering his 6.

Great tactics and virtually never shown before in a Hollywood flick.

I allways see folks head out with a bag of guns.
Great! But where is all the hard to carry, heavy ammo?

I swear. These actors don't even give a rip how realistically they come across!

And the second the director yells ''Cut. Lets take a break'' These yahoo's are sitting on there buts. Resting.

Hey. They never even hauled anything heavy! :D

500px-WalkingDead-Rem1187.jpg Walking-Dead-Rick-Horse-pilot.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR