JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well damn, I was going to stop by there on the way home and take a 2nd look at an ATI commander legnth 1911 for $379... Maybe the thiefs only took the expensive guns.

I'm guessing here but I believe the store may get a big slap on the hand for this. Aren't then handguns supposed to be in a safe after hours?
That is just stupid either way.Now they have just fed the underground with 30 guns.

Make, model, serial? Would be nice to know so we can keep an eye out for them... I HATE it when I get a hot gun in a cash transaction. I've had to turn in three of them in the last few years (cash out of pocket) - it happens more often than you would think. The people i bought them from appeared to be reliable types, and probably had no idea themselves. I know - it's the risk you take for not using an FFL... but still - I've always thought it stupid that we don't have access to LEO's stolen weapon database - I can't see what harm it would do for the general population to have access to that information.

i bought an old 12 guage pump years ago for $75.00, friend of a friend deal. turned out to be a model 12 win in really good shape, had to turn that one in. was way too nice for a $75.00 shotgun:(

Wow! Anyone else see this!!! SportCo got robbed!

30 handguns stolen from Fife sporting goods store

<broken link removed>

The Tacoma News tribune is reporting this morning that 42 hand guns and 2 rifles were taken. The rumor is that they hid in a small tent until after hours, then took there time getting what they wanted. Busted the front door getting out and a car was waiting outside. Fife police responded to the scene 30 seconds after the alarm went off. Can you bust in a door and take 44 guns and be back out in 30 seconds? I don't think anybody can do that.

They have all kinds of backpacks and baseball bags to load it all in.Those aren't worthy to talk about in the news.

Can you bust in a door and take 44 guns and be back out in 30 seconds? I don't think anybody can do that.
But you just said they hid in a small tent.I'm assuming the tent was inside the store.They may have suspected something if the guys were hiding in a tent outside the store

They must have footage of them getting into the tents

Make, model, serial? Would be nice to know so we can keep an eye out for them... I HATE it when I get a hot gun in a cash transaction. I've had to turn in three of them in the last few years (cash out of pocket) - it happens more often than you would think. The people i bought them from appeared to be reliable types, and probably had no idea themselves. I know - it's the risk you take for not using an FFL... but still - I've always thought it stupid that we don't have access to LEO's stolen weapon database - I can't see what harm it would do for the general population to have access to that information.

I'm in total agreement with you. I understand that if you are patient and persistent, you can call it into the country sheriff here and occasionally find someone in the office to check the S/N for you in advance of purchasing it. It's entirely possible that I have a gun that's been previously stolen in my safe right now, possibly purchased from and honest person who'd got it from an honest person before that and no way to know it. Stolen guns as a way for tweekers and thieves to make good money would dry up if we had access to the stolen gun database and could look it up in advance.

It's a free service for any one to have a gun serial # checked by OSP, we should all know about this service.

<broken link removed>

The Firearms Unit is responsible for processing stolen gun checks against the stolen weapons files in LEDS and NCIC for the dealers and any private citizen requesting this service. There is no fee for processing the stolen gun checks. To check a firearm against the stolen record files, call 1-800-432-5059.

We have recently initiated the Oregon FICS Online System
You can now do transactions through the web
https://xn.osp.state.or.us/Fics/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR