Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Catch them. Keep this in mind.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tattoo, Dec 19, 2011.

1. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Two suspects, one in mask, one in Santa hat, steal guns from Fife Sportco
    Q13FOX.com - KCPQ

2. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Well damn, I was going to stop by there on the way home and take a 2nd look at an ATI commander legnth 1911 for $379... Maybe the thiefs only took the expensive guns.

3. sailorman2010

sailorman2010 Tri-Cities, WA Member

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I'm guessing here but I believe the store may get a big slap on the hand for this. Aren't then handguns supposed to be in a safe after hours?
    That is just stupid either way.Now they have just fed the underground with 30 guns.

5. mjbskwim

Didn't see the story at that link

I asked this in the other thread,aren't the handguns supposed to be in a safe after hours?

6. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Make, model, serial? Would be nice to know so we can keep an eye out for them... I HATE it when I get a hot gun in a cash transaction. I've had to turn in three of them in the last few years (cash out of pocket) - it happens more often than you would think. The people i bought them from appeared to be reliable types, and probably had no idea themselves. I know - it's the risk you take for not using an FFL... but still - I've always thought it stupid that we don't have access to LEO's stolen weapon database - I can't see what harm it would do for the general population to have access to that information.

jimwsea, dpoh, sheepdip and 5 others like this.
  7. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Its there. Look at the santa RED hat when you open the link.
    Dave

8. mjbskwim

Only red santa hat is on the real santa scarring kids.

9. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

i bought an old 12 guage pump years ago for $75.00, friend of a friend deal. turned out to be a model 12 win in really good shape, had to turn that one in. was way too nice for a $75.00 shotgun:(

10. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

The Tacoma News tribune is reporting this morning that 42 hand guns and 2 rifles were taken. The rumor is that they hid in a small tent until after hours, then took there time getting what they wanted. Busted the front door getting out and a car was waiting outside. Fife police responded to the scene 30 seconds after the alarm went off. Can you bust in a door and take 44 guns and be back out in 30 seconds? I don't think anybody can do that.

11. mjbskwim

They have all kinds of backpacks and baseball bags to load it all in.Those aren't worthy to talk about in the news.

But you just said they hid in a small tent.I'm assuming the tent was inside the store.They may have suspected something if the guys were hiding in a tent outside the store

They must have footage of them getting into the tents

12. Shuban

Shuban Guest

Kids afraid of Santa..

13. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I'm in total agreement with you. I understand that if you are patient and persistent, you can call it into the country sheriff here and occasionally find someone in the office to check the S/N for you in advance of purchasing it. It's entirely possible that I have a gun that's been previously stolen in my safe right now, possibly purchased from and honest person who'd got it from an honest person before that and no way to know it. Stolen guns as a way for tweekers and thieves to make good money would dry up if we had access to the stolen gun database and could look it up in advance.

14. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

It's a free service for any one to have a gun serial # checked by OSP, we should all know about this service.

Oregon State Police - Identification Services Section Firearms Instant Check System (FICS)

The Firearms Unit is responsible for processing stolen gun checks against the stolen weapons files in LEDS and NCIC for the dealers and any private citizen requesting this service. There is no fee for processing the stolen gun checks. To check a firearm against the stolen record files, call 1-800-432-5059.

We have recently initiated the Oregon FICS Online System
    You can now do transactions through the web
    https://xn.osp.state.or.us/Fics/

PDXSparky and (deleted member) like this.
  15. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

16. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

gunnails, Thanks for the FICS # 1-800-432-5059.
    Mike