JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is legal under state law, but, remember, you're in Seattle too and they don't like legal concealed carry.

Here, in Vancouver, we have a community center, on school property run by the school district. But there is a Boys and Girls Club there too so it's not 100% school use. It's also posted with a school district "No weapons Allowed, no smoking etc" sign. Legal to carry or not? I really don't know, but I'm sure not going to be a test case and find out

Man, what a mess you have to deal with in WA. Thank goodness for state pre-emption here in OR. Here's to hoping that your state legislators pass the same law for you guys up there.

Man, what a mess you have to deal with in WA. Thank goodness for state pre-emption here in OR. Here's to hoping that your state legislators pass the same law for you guys up there.

No mess. We have a very strong state pre-emption statute.

Don't worry about carrying in anyplace that is not expressly prohibited by state law. The Seattle owned and run community centers are places that it is lawful to carry and Chan v. Seattle backs you up.

Good for you! I had no idea. You know, I have a nonresident LCCP for WA but I've never carried North of the river because I'm so mixed up about the law there.

It's no surprise that the Seattle PD would seek to make examples of citizens who had the temerity to exercise their legal rights. Don't worry, I'm sure you'd be vindicated in the courts - two years and ten thousand dollars later! You might even get your gun back, eventually.

Portland is a smaller version of Seattle and so isn't quite so extreme in its anti-2A practice. Then again, I've never had the nerve to OC on TriMet! Just keep it covered, that's my motto. Concealed means concealed, and the only place that I don't carry is the Post Office.

Well a buddy lived in Ballard and was at a community center when a friend came up and said they had bought a new 9mm.
No biggie,carried on the conversation not saying any more about guns,until a cop come in and ask WTF?
What do you mean?
Someone said you were talking about guns

HUH?
All they had heard was one of them say "I bought a new 9mm" and they called the cops and were told not to TALK about guns there

So there ya go for Seattlites. YMMV

Well a buddy lived in Ballard and was at a community center when a friend came up and said they had bought a new 9mm.
No biggie,carried on the conversation not saying any more about guns,until a cop come in and ask WTF?
What do you mean?

HUH?
All they had heard was one of them say "I bought a new 9mm" and they called the cops and were told not to TALK about guns there

To which I would ask the cop to kindly tell whoever called "to piss off" and continue my conversation about even bigger guns.

What do you mean?

HUH?

The proper response is 'F*** off'.

Does Seattle really harass CCW that much? Sure, open carry can cause an issue (Seattle is not the only place for that - just ask Vancouver) , and I'm aware of our former mayor and his attempted ban in parks, but I've never read of systematic harassment of CCW holders in Seattle. There have been several recent defensive handgun uses in Seattle by licensed citizens where they (rightly) haven't been charged.

Anyone got actual data, not anecdotes? Court cases?

I think you will only find news reports,as when they see the errors of their ways,and face civil liberty law suits,they drop the charges.I don't think the guy at Green lake was charged when he was OCin',just had wanna bee swat cops pointing guns at him.

I would guess if you are doing it right,you don't get harassed for CC

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top