JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PedestrianPack, to clear the air, I was not trying to be obstinate or challenging. You just didn't say why you were looking at riding the bus system with a firearm. That and I'll admit that I haven't ridden on a bus in decades, so I don't know about the rules / policies there.

Now there are those who 'carry' for absolutely no reason except to carry. To my thinking this does not make a lot of sense as it tends to further complicate things should 'something' happen. Riding the bus to the range, per se, or some purpose of that nature is a whole lot different. In any case, having the firearm and the ammo locked up and not advertising that you have them probably will cover the situation.

Sorry to spin you up; that was not my intention.

Apologies myself, I do not mean to come offish or rude, I felt I explained myself clearly enough but maybe I didn't. Thank you for your responses.

Now there are those who 'carry' for absolutely no reason except to carry. To my thinking this does not make a lot of sense as it tends to further complicate things should 'something' happen.
I completely agree, carrying a firearm you're not prepared to use or thinking of it as an accessory can be very dangerous to oneself and others.

!! I second
I have taken and passed the online Oregon State Sheriffs' Association CHL Certificate Course which is said to be approved by the Lane County Sheriff's department and "satisfies the Oregon educational requirement for handgun safety training to obtain your CHL."

I have also scheduled an appointment, I do not imagine I can just walk in and request it as it does not mention it anywhere on the website.

Is there anything else that I can do to either help speed the process along, or just go smoothly? Oregon is a "shall-issue" state but it sure doesn't feel like it.

I have taken and passed the online Oregon State Sheriffs' Association CHL Certificate Course which is said to be approved by the Lane County Sheriff's department and "satisfies the Oregon educational requirement for handgun safety training to obtain your CHL."

I have also scheduled an appointment, I do not imagine I can just walk in and request it as it does not mention it anywhere on the website.

Is there anything else that I can do to either help speed the process along, or just go smoothly? Oregon is a "shall-issue" state but it sure doesn't feel like it.
Do it sooner rather than later. Takes like six weeks.

Just wait until the "may purchase" goes into effect for gun purchase.

This may sound silly, but pull up the CHL requirements instructions on the Lane County Sheriff Department and print the entire package. Then you not only have a guide to everything they want, but also a physical 'checklist' to add to your own paperwork. That way, when you walk in the door, you will be confident that you have your collective 'shiznet' together and ready to go. Being properly prepared helps you look professional. Remember the "Rule of 'P's"

"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

The only place in Oregon that I know of that has a loaded magazine prohibition is Multnomah County.
Trust but verify, Portland is obviously within MultCo, but I'm 99% sure that Salem and Eugene have the same prohibitions. That said, I've got a carry permit and have never bothered to look it up due to the diminishing State preemption.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top