JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Air passenger charged after bullet primer caps ignite - CNN.com
A 37-year-old airline passenger was arrested Tuesday in Miami after primer caps for bullets ignited while a baggage handler was unloading a roll-on bag, the FBI said.
(...)
The unidentified passenger, a naturalized U.S. citizen who was bound for Jamaica, was charged with transportation of hazardous materials. If convicted, he could face a sentence of up to five years.

What a dummy. And it's also a crime to bring ammo into Jamaica, where he was headed.

I saw that on the news earlier - how long until some reporter with an anti gun slant stirs things up and pushes for tighter restrictions on primers - that's the last thing we need right now.

some reporter with an anti gun slant.

I didn't know there was a different type. :huh:

Interesting that the guys baggage was subjected to enough physical shock to set off the primers. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling about how careful they are in handling your baggage behind closed doors (explains several broken items I have had in my suitcases).

Anybody remember the old American Tourister commercial from the 70's with the gorilla (guerilla?) as a baggage handler ?

I didn't know there was a different type. :huh:

Interesting that the guys baggage was subjected to enough physical shock to set off the primers. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling about how careful they are in handling your baggage behind closed doors (explains several broken items I have had in my suitcases).

Anybody remember the old American Tourister commercial from the 70's with the gorilla (guerilla?) as a baggage handler ?

Eh, last time i flew my luggage had 2 wheels when I got on the plane, now it has 1. I travel light now... and buy bullets when I get there. No air freight on primers isn't just a recommendation...

and all of them went off after the first one did,
I don't think we are getting the complete story on this. 30+ years of reloading and I have only had one AD of a primer (while using the RCBS Auto-Prime system) How could all of them 'go off' after the first on did? Unless subjected to heat or percussion of the whole box I cannot believe they were all ignited by one primer. Regardless due to
Hundreds of the primer caps were in a bag that ignited,
It would seem the underground reloading industry in countries with draconian ammo/gun regulations is alive and well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top