Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Carry-on primers detonate!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by chemist, Dec 28, 2010.

1. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Air passenger charged after bullet primer caps ignite - CNN.com
    What a dummy. And it's also a crime to bring ammo into Jamaica, where he was headed.

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I saw that on the news earlier - how long until some reporter with an anti gun slant stirs things up and pushes for tighter restrictions on primers - that's the last thing we need right now.

3. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was a different type. :huh:

Interesting that the guys baggage was subjected to enough physical shock to set off the primers. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling about how careful they are in handling your baggage behind closed doors (explains several broken items I have had in my suitcases).

Anybody remember the old American Tourister commercial from the 70's with the gorilla (guerilla?) as a baggage handler ?

4. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

It's already started, CBS news reported this morning that one "bullet" detonated causing others to go off. Brilliant.

5. JohnWayne

JohnWayne USA Member

Yeah, but the bullets all fit in a 2oz plastic see through container and wasn't in an insulated coffee mug.... wth?????? :)

6. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

Eh, last time i flew my luggage had 2 wheels when I got on the plane, now it has 1. I travel light now... and buy bullets when I get there. No air freight on primers isn't just a recommendation...

7. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Yup! And pretty soon they will be AK47 bullets, or primers for same. Or maybe semi-automatic primers.
    Either one are evil ya know! ;)

8. Tenbore

Tenbore Salem New Member

I always grind my teeth when they confuse "bullets" with "cartridges".

9. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I don't think we are getting the complete story on this. 30+ years of reloading and I have only had one AD of a primer (while using the RCBS Auto-Prime system) How could all of them 'go off' after the first on did? Unless subjected to heat or percussion of the whole box I cannot believe they were all ignited by one primer. Regardless due to
    It would seem the underground reloading industry in countries with draconian ammo/gun regulations is alive and well.

10. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Maybe the "handler" was rummaging for laptops to steal and bashed the wrong thing.
    Makes you wonder just how often this sort of contraband makes it aboard commercial flights. Anybody remember the ValuJet that went down when mislabeled oxygen canisters went off in the hold?
    ValuJet Flight 592 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia