JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Air passenger charged after bullet primer caps ignite - CNN.com
A 37-year-old airline passenger was arrested Tuesday in Miami after primer caps for bullets ignited while a baggage handler was unloading a roll-on bag, the FBI said.
(...)
The unidentified passenger, a naturalized U.S. citizen who was bound for Jamaica, was charged with transportation of hazardous materials. If convicted, he could face a sentence of up to five years.

What a dummy. And it's also a crime to bring ammo into Jamaica, where he was headed.

I saw that on the news earlier - how long until some reporter with an anti gun slant stirs things up and pushes for tighter restrictions on primers - that's the last thing we need right now.

some reporter with an anti gun slant.

I didn't know there was a different type. :huh:

Interesting that the guys baggage was subjected to enough physical shock to set off the primers. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling about how careful they are in handling your baggage behind closed doors (explains several broken items I have had in my suitcases).

Anybody remember the old American Tourister commercial from the 70's with the gorilla (guerilla?) as a baggage handler ?

I didn't know there was a different type. :huh:

Interesting that the guys baggage was subjected to enough physical shock to set off the primers. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling about how careful they are in handling your baggage behind closed doors (explains several broken items I have had in my suitcases).

Anybody remember the old American Tourister commercial from the 70's with the gorilla (guerilla?) as a baggage handler ?

Eh, last time i flew my luggage had 2 wheels when I got on the plane, now it has 1. I travel light now... and buy bullets when I get there. No air freight on primers isn't just a recommendation...

and all of them went off after the first one did,
I don't think we are getting the complete story on this. 30+ years of reloading and I have only had one AD of a primer (while using the RCBS Auto-Prime system) How could all of them 'go off' after the first on did? Unless subjected to heat or percussion of the whole box I cannot believe they were all ignited by one primer. Regardless due to
Hundreds of the primer caps were in a bag that ignited,
It would seem the underground reloading industry in countries with draconian ammo/gun regulations is alive and well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top