Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Carry of more than 1 one on your WA CPL?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Clarkston_cz, May 2, 2015.

1. Clarkston_cz

Clarkston_cz Clarkston, Washington Member

A guy here told me that it's not legal to carry more than 1 gun on a WA cpl?

Hwoever, I can't see any statutes in the WA RCW that prohibit or even mention such?

what about more than 1 gun in IDAHO,. or even in Oregon?

How m,any of you in WA. carry a folding knife ( fixed blades are illegal for sure) with
    a thuo_Omb stud or other way to open your knife one-handed?

2. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

RCW 9.41.070
    Concealed pistol license—Application—Fee—Renewal.
    (1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. ...

Various other places in RCW references are made to "a pistol". If you really want to stretch things I suppose you could claim that the wording indicates that it's only for one, but I could just as easily argue that had that been the intent of the law it would have been specified. I'm not an attorney and I don't offer advice but I am not personally concerned about this one.

I don't know anything about Oregon or Idaho.

I know a few people who carry spring assisted knives in accordance with state law. BTW, if you are thinking of carrying a knife, there is a thread on WaGuns.org that lists different city ordinances regulating the carry of knives. I was surprised by the variety of lengths that were permitted from one city to another.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I carry a knife a flick open knife when I'm in WA. Four inch blade too!:cool:
    Also, packing legally.

deen_ad likes this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In Oregon it is a Concealed Handgun License. There is nothing prohibiting carrying around as many as you want. It how ever has nothing to do with any Knife.

5. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

There is no limit on how many guns one can carry. There is no RCW stating it as illegal which means, per British Legal Tradition, that it is automatically legal.
    Fixed blades not illegal to carry per state law. Funny thing is it does state that all fixed blades must be open carried.
    Unfortunately there isn't a State Preemption for knives so cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact their own restrictions. This means that you need to be familiar with any town laws you may fall under.
    You may be legal in kent but not when you cross into auburn for example.
    That applies to all knives not just fixed blades.

6. Clarkston_cz

Clarkston_cz Clarkston, Washington Member

That's nice to know
    :)

7. Dazed

Dazed Coos County Member

I carry a primary weapon, as well as a smaller backup. Heck, I would carry another if I could do so in comfort :)

8. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

no limit on the permit for multiple handguns.

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
    Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Actually an assisted opening knife or even a flip open one is illegal under WA law unless you're a first responder or LEO. But almost every store that sells good quality knives will sell you any of the above.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    NRA Golden Eagle member
    NRA Recruiter
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Washington Arms Collector Member
    Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  10. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I disagree. A spring operated knife is illegal. A spring assisted knife is not mentioned:

A spring assisted knife uses the spring to hold the knife open or shut. The spring will assist in opening or shutting, but nothing on the knife automatically opens the blade. Flicking or pointing the knife downward will not open it. Assist and Automatic are very different words in Webster's. This may explain why you can buy spring assisted knives everywhere but not switchblades.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    HarryHaller likes this.