JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can't just shove a gun in the glove box or hide it in your vehicle (passenger compartment) without a CPL. This would be extremely bad advice and would get you in huge trouble if discovered in the state of WA.

Since those are both rifles and are required to be unloaded in the car in Washington anyway a CPL has nothing to do with it.

You can't just shove a gun in the glove box or hide it in your vehicle (passenger compartment) without a CPL. This would be extremely bad advice and would get you in huge trouble if discovered in the state of WA.

Are you sure about that?

Please quote ANY law that that would break, I know of NONE.

Reading some of the banter about breaking the state law by having a loaded rifle or shotgun in the vehicle I cant help but chime in again:

You CANNOT allow completely moronic and illogical (not to mention unconstitutional) laws dictate your ability to defend yourself or your loved ones.

Regardless of the laws, if you feel the need to carry a loaded firearm in bad parts of town or even just in general DO IT! Its your god given right to do so. Dont allow the corrupt politicians and their leo lapdogs tell you whats best for your safety, wellbeing and most of all your freedom.

However, with that being said be prepared for whatever consequences may come into play if ever your vehicle is searched. (which by the way would mean you would have had to committed a serious offense to be searched) one way around that, a lockable conduit tube or trunk or case. Its against the law for them to destroy property also if you state you do not give consent to search your charges may be dropped.. But if the offense provokes the search you've got to be prepared to know and say to yourself "though i may lose everything i know i would have done what was right for my personal safety and wellbeing as well as my families". It is OUR, right, freedom choice and duty, NOT theirs.

Ill be damned if i let some little weasel politician and his boys in blue push me around and tell me what i can and cannot do for my own personal safety.

Since those are both rifles and are required to be unloaded in the car in Washington anyway a CPL has nothing to do with it.

First of all, yes I misspoke about CPL's in Wa. They only refer to pistols and do not cover other items (knives, rifles, etc).

However, what I meant to say was that the person who said throw a Keltec into the glove compartment did not specify whether the gun was loaded or not. The original poster was asking about having a weapon in his car, so we must give clear advice. He might make the mistake of putting a loaded rifle into his car because someone said 'throw a collapsible rifle in your glove compartment' without clarifying. That was the point I wanted to make.

That's what I was thinking
If this is about long guns then yes you can conceal them in Oregon
But not handguns

you can have a loaded rifle or shotgun in your vehicle in the state of Oregon without a CHL. however on your person Dirks, Daggers, Long Guns etc. are not covered. at least that is how it was described by the Sheriff's dept. when I got my CHL. Local Ordinances may apply.

First of all, yes I misspoke about CPL's in Wa. They only refer to pistols and do not cover other items (knives, rifles, etc).

However, what I meant to say was that the person who said throw a Keltec into the glove compartment did not specify whether the gun was loaded or not. The original poster was asking about having a weapon in his car, so we must give clear advice. He might make the mistake of putting a loaded rifle into his car because someone said 'throw a collapsible rifle in your glove compartment' without clarifying. That was the point I wanted to make.

We already established the no loaded long guns thing earlier in the thread.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews