JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CPD noted that it does not believe Lesher "posed a threat to anyone attending the school board meeting or otherwise."
The most important part of the story.

I wonder if he had a concealed permit; however, schools are a "gun free zone" there.

-Robert

Gun Free Zones.....yeah. This 69 year old who posed no threat to anyone now faces a felony charge. Glad to see schools really making a difference. :rolleyes:

Because no one ever makes a mistake? Wow. You're ok with him getting charged with a felony?
Pretty big mistake that'll cost him his gun rights perhaps.

Nope, never said that. I said it's a silly way to lose your gun rights. He made a mistake and now he'll pay for it like any American.

What do you feel the police officer who witnessed it happen should have done?

Like 'em or not....agree with 'em or not...
Most schools are a "gun free zone"....there usually are signs that state as much at the entry doors.
Carry at your own risk.

With that said....
In cases like this , it would be good to take in account all of the situation , to include the background of Mr. Lesher as well as his intentions here with his handgun.

Not really knowing much more at this point , other than what a short article states....
I can't say more.
Andy

Message to new guys...

IMO, if you are going to post, esp starting threads, better be prepared to discuss what you are saying... writing is not always clear to others. Neither are intentions. Esp when facial expressions, tone of voice, body language is absent. Please don't make it personal unless it is personal. I know I am guilty of misunderstanding others writings at times... that's why it's ok to ask where others are coming from... but let's not claim victimization whenever a challenging question is asked. Pretty please.

Blessings,

bb

Message to new guys...

IMO, if you are going to post, esp starting threads, better be prepared to discuss what you are saying... writing is not always clear to others. Neither are intentions. Esp when facial expressions, tone of voice, body language is absent. Please don't make it personal unless it is personal. I know I am guilty of misunderstanding others writings at times... that's why it's ok to ask where others are coming from... but let's not claim victimization whenever a challenging question is asked. Pretty please.

Blessings,

bb
I'm certainly fine with being questioned on what I think. But I draw the line at a loaded question with the presumption of what I think already stated. Simply put don't put words in my mouth. I'm happy to discuss anything with anyone in a calm and friendly manner.

I'm certainly fine with being questioned on what I think. But I draw the line at a loaded question with the presumption of what I think already stated. Simply put don't put words in my mouth. I'm happy to discuss anything with anyone in a calm and friendly manner.
Better stated than your last. Got it.

God bless, friend.

FWIW Are Carmel school board meeting held on school grounds? Not stated it was on school grounds in the article. So... possible he wasn't carrying on school property. Reporters. :rolleyes:

Anyone who supports this charge supports BS gun laws, BS Gun Free Zones and anti-2A initiatives. My opinion.

I do not support the charge, AT ALL! But we all know what Baretta says.

It should be impossible to simple 'drop' a firearm if it is properly holstered. Amiright?

How about Reckless Endangerment for dropping his piece?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top