JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NW: the 450 is a "modernized" .45-70 cartridge, they are dimensionally the same except for the rim/base.

It seems the big issue here is that hornady designed the dies to work with their bullets, not with everyone's bullets, which is usually considered a dick move in my book.

IIRC the lyman 2640193 is basically the same as the magma .45-70-405-RN-FP except the meplate on the lyman bullet is a little smaller and the magma is a bevel base bullet. I need to get out in the shop today and do a bunch of lathe work, might see if I can squeeze that in if I have something other than A2 or O1 steel...

I don't know that I would go that far TCOV, I like the LNL press I have, but I stay well away from their dies. I had one set, and after beating on it for way longer than I should have I finally just tossed it.

Sometimes you have to bell your neck to get a flat based bullet to align and seat. If you are a handy garage type mechanic this should not be to hard to come up with something to do this. If you can get someone to send you a bullet for a 50 BMG round you can put it in your drill press, set the stop and slightly bell your necks until the bullet will start. I do this with 30-30 brass and 308 flat base bullets when loading for my contender.

xtratoy--- you should not have to do these extra steps to reload hornady brass with common bullet styles. Let's go back to bad service and bad engineering from hornady. Don't let them off the hook.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top