JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kevins Gunsmithing
Kevin Ridling
1279 Candlewood Dr. NE.
Keizer, Oregon 97303

503-930-5160

From Cherry Ave. go East on Candlewood Dr. NE. .03 miles Turn Left into Second Driway after Red Building. Its in an area with small auto shops.

His hours are pretty much business hours tue-sat last I knew.

Unless you have a long time to wait, I would recommend taking your firearm elsewhere. He has had one of my rifles now for over one year.

Last Edited:
I took a Wby Vanguard in for him to remove a stuck case. Within just a few days he had removed the case, (had to remove the barrel) and because of some land damage I did trying to remove the case, he re-chambered it with a match reamer. Not sure why I got such fast service.

There is a downside...he did something special to the chamber end of the barrel to improve accuracy, so now it doesn't feed very well with my reloads. I took it back, and while it would feed okay with his dummy loads, it still had problems with my reloads. He told me straight up it wasn't because of the chamber job. All my reloads chambered flawlessly prior to him re-chambering.

So my review of him is mixed. I probably won't be taking anything back to him.

I'm not looking for anything real difficult. Im just looking to get a new grip safety and hammer for now. Maybe a trigger job and look over. It's nothing special just a rock island armory government. Tired of it biting me, heard from the guy I got it from that it doesnt like hollow points. Haven't tried so I figured they could do a once over.

Regarding your grip safety, hammer and trigger job, I wanted to do the same for my Colt Officer's 1911. After looking at the Gunsmith situation around Salem, I decided to do it myself. It came out really nice!

I've had good luck with Todd Koonce in Salem. He's done work for me from cut/crown/thread barrels, to trigger jobs and a custom bolt handle. He seems to turn stuff around within 90 days depending on the season and how much he has in, sometimes its less. I don't think I've ever seen a bad review of his work, so he might be worth a try.

http://kooncecustom.com/

Maybe you could google it or use an old phonebook or something?
These days they have actual shipping businesses/concerns so you really don't have to get your cronk on down at the corner street. just so you know

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top