Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can someone tell me the name of the gun smith in Keizer.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Jessie Russell, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Jessie Russell

Jessie Russell beaverton, Or New Member

I remember it being discussed before. Any info would be appreciated.
    Looking to have some work done on my 1911.

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Kevins Gunsmithing
    Kevin Ridling
    1279 Candlewood Dr. NE.
    Keizer, Oregon 97303

503-930-5160

From Cherry Ave. go East on Candlewood Dr. NE. .03 miles Turn Left into Second Driway after Red Building. Its in an area with small auto shops.

His hours are pretty much business hours tue-sat last I knew.

3. Jessie Russell

Thanks for the information

4. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

Unless you have a long time to wait, I would recommend taking your firearm elsewhere. He has had one of my rifles now for over one year.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  5. Jessie Russell

That's pretty bad. If he's backed up or unorganized

6. Otter

Otter Oregon - mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I took a Wby Vanguard in for him to remove a stuck case. Within just a few days he had removed the case, (had to remove the barrel) and because of some land damage I did trying to remove the case, he re-chambered it with a match reamer. Not sure why I got such fast service.

There is a downside...he did something special to the chamber end of the barrel to improve accuracy, so now it doesn't feed very well with my reloads. I took it back, and while it would feed okay with his dummy loads, it still had problems with my reloads. He told me straight up it wasn't because of the chamber job. All my reloads chambered flawlessly prior to him re-chambering.

So my review of him is mixed. I probably won't be taking anything back to him.

7. Jessie Russell

I'm not looking for anything real difficult. Im just looking to get a new grip safety and hammer for now. Maybe a trigger job and look over. It's nothing special just a rock island armory government. Tired of it biting me, heard from the guy I got it from that it doesnt like hollow points. Haven't tried so I figured they could do a once over.

8. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

Regarding your grip safety, hammer and trigger job, I wanted to do the same for my Colt Officer's 1911. After looking at the Gunsmith situation around Salem, I decided to do it myself. It came out really nice!

9. Jessie Russell

Yeah. Im not comfortable with doing that. Plus I know I couldn't do it as well as a professional.

10. I-Shoot

I-Shoot Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've had good luck with Todd Koonce in Salem. He's done work for me from cut/crown/thread barrels, to trigger jobs and a custom bolt handle. He seems to turn stuff around within 90 days depending on the season and how much he has in, sometimes its less. I don't think I've ever seen a bad review of his work, so he might be worth a try.

http://kooncecustom.com/

11. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

Yes, Todd Koonce is the man. I wish I had taken my rifle to him!

12. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Maybe you could google it or use an old phonebook or something?
    These days they have actual shipping businesses/concerns so you really don't have to get your cronk on down at the corner street. just so you know

13. Jessie Russell

I will give him a shot. Im not asking for anything super detailed just done right. I know I can go buy one already done, I just like this one