JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright, so just picked up an AK today that I bought a couple weeks ago. It was only $550! In the last couple weeks I've done some research and i think i got a great deal. It's a Cugir Wum 1 in its original configuration with matching serial numbers. Definitely used but in good condition.... it smells like someone's dusty attic. For $550 I got the rifle and two loaded pmags(no original mag) and some generic sling. Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews online on their quality but it looked and felt solid and I got to shoot it in advance. Just wanted some of your opinions! I'll post pics soon!
Thanks!

Definately ditch the trigger, those are great guns. Is it still setup with a "dragunov" type stock? Those should also be factory double stack receivers, so no issues with "hogged out by a monkey" mag wells.

ETA: being post ban guns, they will have a plain muzzle, depending on diameter you may be able to thread it 14mm, but some were turned down, so you may have to go 1/2-28. Some will have the bayo lugs just "shaved" where you can build back up with a little TIG, others will be completely ground off..can always swap out gas block and FSB with surplus Romy parts if you wanna go with a full restore....

Last Edited:
That and a new trigger. Some of those Romys have nasty trigger slap
You know, I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to but it was a little awkward when I did a couple mag dumps. Almost like the rifle was trying to "resist" the rapid trigger fire

Definately ditch the trigger, those are great guns. Is it still setup with a "dragunov" type stock? Those should also be factory double stack receivers, so no issues with "hogged out by a monkey" mag wells.

ETA: being post ban guns, they will have a plain muzzle, depending on diameter you may be able to thread it 14mm, but some were turned down, so you may have to go 1/2-28. Some will have the bayo lugs just "shaved" where you can build back up with a little TIG, others will be completely ground off..can always swap out gas block and FSB with surplus Romy parts if you wanna go with a full restore....
Yep, it's got the dragunov stock which I felt was a little awkward. I was looking at getting a replacement from ironwood. Once I'm home alone I'm going to see what's under that welded muzzle nut!

I like stock on the Cugir Wum 1. Had to look it up. Found a nice URL for Romanian AK models. I have a 2019 WASR-10 only.

Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles
Yeah I've been wanting a nice eastern European ak but was starting to think I'd never find one for under 700. I passed on one a few years ago for 500 and immediately regretted it once I realized they were harder to find than I thought for that price

Here she is!

20200417_102912.jpg 20200417_102832.jpg

Does the stock go over the back of the receiver? Might take it off and see...hard to tell on my phone....

eta....good to see a welded muzzle nut, easy to fix! ;)

Ok....bummer on the cut receiver, but not the end of the world...Ironwood would be the simplest "fix"...otherwise youd have to weld up a peice to fill the back of the receiver ( not technically difficult, but a lot of work for a "shooter" )
Ironwood butt stock + pistol grip = happy range time :)

Yeah I'm pretty much decided on going the ironwood route. I'm not a welder and dont want to muck this baby up. I'll probably end up getting a stock and handgaurd set in unfinished wood so I can stain them as close to this original color as I can

Its Romanian, and Romanian steel is annoying.

I say that after my draco broke three drillbits trying to install a brace. So you can at least be comfortable with it holding up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top