JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright, so just picked up an AK today that I bought a couple weeks ago. It was only $550! In the last couple weeks I've done some research and i think i got a great deal. It's a Cugir Wum 1 in its original configuration with matching serial numbers. Definitely used but in good condition.... it smells like someone's dusty attic. For $550 I got the rifle and two loaded pmags(no original mag) and some generic sling. Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews online on their quality but it looked and felt solid and I got to shoot it in advance. Just wanted some of your opinions! I'll post pics soon!
Thanks!

Definately ditch the trigger, those are great guns. Is it still setup with a "dragunov" type stock? Those should also be factory double stack receivers, so no issues with "hogged out by a monkey" mag wells.

ETA: being post ban guns, they will have a plain muzzle, depending on diameter you may be able to thread it 14mm, but some were turned down, so you may have to go 1/2-28. Some will have the bayo lugs just "shaved" where you can build back up with a little TIG, others will be completely ground off..can always swap out gas block and FSB with surplus Romy parts if you wanna go with a full restore....

Last Edited:
That and a new trigger. Some of those Romys have nasty trigger slap
You know, I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to but it was a little awkward when I did a couple mag dumps. Almost like the rifle was trying to "resist" the rapid trigger fire

Definately ditch the trigger, those are great guns. Is it still setup with a "dragunov" type stock? Those should also be factory double stack receivers, so no issues with "hogged out by a monkey" mag wells.

ETA: being post ban guns, they will have a plain muzzle, depending on diameter you may be able to thread it 14mm, but some were turned down, so you may have to go 1/2-28. Some will have the bayo lugs just "shaved" where you can build back up with a little TIG, others will be completely ground off..can always swap out gas block and FSB with surplus Romy parts if you wanna go with a full restore....
Yep, it's got the dragunov stock which I felt was a little awkward. I was looking at getting a replacement from ironwood. Once I'm home alone I'm going to see what's under that welded muzzle nut!

I like stock on the Cugir Wum 1. Had to look it up. Found a nice URL for Romanian AK models. I have a 2019 WASR-10 only.

Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles
Yeah I've been wanting a nice eastern European ak but was starting to think I'd never find one for under 700. I passed on one a few years ago for 500 and immediately regretted it once I realized they were harder to find than I thought for that price

Here she is!

20200417_102912.jpg 20200417_102832.jpg

Does the stock go over the back of the receiver? Might take it off and see...hard to tell on my phone....

eta....good to see a welded muzzle nut, easy to fix! ;)

Ok....bummer on the cut receiver, but not the end of the world...Ironwood would be the simplest "fix"...otherwise youd have to weld up a peice to fill the back of the receiver ( not technically difficult, but a lot of work for a "shooter" )
Ironwood butt stock + pistol grip = happy range time :)

Yeah I'm pretty much decided on going the ironwood route. I'm not a welder and dont want to muck this baby up. I'll probably end up getting a stock and handgaurd set in unfinished wood so I can stain them as close to this original color as I can

Its Romanian, and Romanian steel is annoying.

I say that after my draco broke three drillbits trying to install a brace. So you can at least be comfortable with it holding up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top