JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can use small shims to fill the gap.. you can also use a cheap heat gun from Harbor Freight (or amazon) and knock those FSB pins out and replace the FSB entirely (Apex or AK builder) and have a proper front sight that has a muzzle device retaining plunger. That or if there are voids on the FSB made for a spring, plunger and roll pin you can Simply install one.

Not sure if the locktite will work too well as that rifle will get plenty hot.

UPDATE: For those of you still interested in helping me out. Still Waiting on my ironwood furniture set to come(7 weeks and counting). I got around to getting that barrel nut off. My 11 year old "helped" and he scratched the front sight block good.. we did find threads so I put a slant on but there is no pin to hold it in place. I was just going to thread lock it on but you can see theres a fair amount of space left... should I leave it or put something else on to fill the gap? What say the experts?

View attachment 710154

I see Matt is still being a PITA with shipping his stuff. Its nice when you get it but it takes forever and a day to get to that point.

Just knock that front pin out and pick up a real front detent and spring.

You can use
I see Matt is still being a PITA with shipping his stuff. Its nice when you get it but it takes forever and a day to get to that point.

At least he's responding to my emails... he said they got a huge surge in orders during the quarantine but assured me my stuff will ship next week.

I've made my own. It's actually not that hard once one knows how it works.

UPDATE: For those of you still interested in helping me out. Still Waiting on my ironwood furniture set to come(7 weeks and counting). I got around to getting that barrel nut off. My 11 year old "helped" and he scratched the front sight block good.. we did find threads so I put a slant on but there is no pin to hold it in place. I was just going to thread lock it on but you can see theres a fair amount of space left... should I leave it or put something else on to fill the gap? What say the experts?

View attachment 710154
Install the detent pin. Ak muzzle devices are usually loose to begin with, so that they are easier to remove later for maintenance.

Got my wood, any of you guys stained or refinished AKs before? What'd ya use?

20200619_223958.jpg

For an idea of what it might look like blonde:
IMG_6823.jpg

This is an old Chinese MAK90, with a stock set I made myself with mostly hand tools some years ago. The wood is Appleply countertop remnants that I laminated together.

Done.... for now
-new trigger, check
-retainer plate, check
-slant brake. Check
-proper furniture, check
I'll see how the brake holds before trying to replace the front sight block... now off to the woods!

20200705_215902.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top