JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Fencl, who was on probation and barred from having a gun, was arrested in April after police who stopped his car found he was carrying a loaded ghost gun, police said.

On 04/23/2021, officers from the El Cajon Police Department conducted a traffic stop on John Fencl, age 60, in the area El Cajon Boulevard and West Lexington Avenue in the City of El Cajon. During the traffic stop, Fencl was found to be in possession of a loaded, concealed "ghost" firearm on his person and was taken into custody and booked into County Jail. At the time of the stop, Fencl was found to be on probation from a previous arrest for possessing a loaded firerarm. As a condition of his probation, Fencl was prohibited from possessing firearms. Based on his arrest, police believed Fencl may have additional firearms at his residence. Fencl was released from custody on bail later the same day with a pending court date of 08/31/2021.

On 06/28/2021, detectives from the El Cajon Police Department responded to Fencl's residence in unincorporated El Cajon to conduct a prohibited persons probation check related to his previous weapons violations. Upon arriving at the residence, detectives contacted Fencl outside of his residence. A probation search of Fencl's person revealed he was in possession of a firearm designed to fire blanks concealed on his person, a violation of his probation.

So - as far as I can tell, the crimes this person was arrested on, and/or on probation for, were solely firearm possession related - no crime of theft or violence or fraud.

Fencl, who was on probation and barred from having a gun, was arrested in April after police who stopped his car found he was carrying a loaded ghost gun, police said.

On 04/23/2021, officers from the El Cajon Police Department conducted a traffic stop on John Fencl, age 60, in the area El Cajon Boulevard and West Lexington Avenue in the City of El Cajon. During the traffic stop, Fencl was found to be in possession of a loaded, concealed "ghost" firearm on his person and was taken into custody and booked into County Jail. At the time of the stop, Fencl was found to be on probation from a previous arrest for possessing a loaded firerarm. As a condition of his probation, Fencl was prohibited from possessing firearms. Based on his arrest, police believed Fencl may have additional firearms at his residence. Fencl was released from custody on bail later the same day with a pending court date of 08/31/2021.

On 06/28/2021, detectives from the El Cajon Police Department responded to Fencl's residence in unincorporated El Cajon to conduct a prohibited persons probation check related to his previous weapons violations. Upon arriving at the residence, detectives contacted Fencl outside of his residence. A probation search of Fencl's person revealed he was in possession of a firearm designed to fire blanks concealed on his person, a violation of his probation.

So - as far as I can tell, the crimes this person was arrested on, and/or on probation for, were solely firearm possession related - no crime of theft or violence or fraud.
Whatever excuse they can use they will exploit to the fullest extent when it comes to the anti-gun agenda.

Whatever you believe regarding Felon in Possession prohibition of firearms, that IS the law, and it was a condition of his probation, which he MASSIVELY violated.

Don't like it.... change the law. But it's hardly an anti-gun agenda on the part of Law Enforcement... it IS their job, as well as the job of probation/parole officers.

Don't like it..... DON'T BE A FELON OR ON PROBATION/PAROLE!!!

Last Edited:
Whatever you believe regarding Felon in Possession prohibition of firearms, that IS the law, and it was a condition of probation.

Don't like it.... change the law. But it's hardly an anti-gun agenda on the part of Law Enforcement... it IS their job, as well as the job of probation/parole officers.

Don't like it..... DON'T BE A FELON OR BE ON PROBATION/PAROLE!!!
Agreed - except, he was a felon on probation because he had a loaded gun. In another state, where Constitutional Carry was legal, he would never have been a felon to start with. If it wasn't for unconstitutional laws, he would not, could not, be arrested for any of the listed crimes. All of those laws infringe on his 2A rights. If the US respected the Second Amendment as was intended, he would not be a "criminal". IMO such people are not criminals, they are political prisoners.

Only because I am very careful about following the law in order to stay out of jail/prison, I would otherwise possess the same items he had (without registration, tax stamps, etc.) - as is true for many of us.

Agreed - except, he was a felon on probation because he had a loaded gun. In another state, where Constitutional Carry was legal, he would never have been a felon to start with. If it wasn't for unconstitutional laws, he would not, could not, be arrested for any of the listed crimes. All of those laws infringe on his 2A rights. If the US respected the Second Amendment as was intended, he would not be a "criminal". IMO such people are not criminals, they are political prisoners.

Only because I am very careful about following the law in order to stay out of jail/prison, I would otherwise possess the same items he had (without registration, tax stamps, etc.) - as is true for many of us.
Thus my comment @bbbass

I don't really care what his problem was.... follow the laws of your state, move to a state that has laws you like, or accept the consequences.

I regularly break traffic laws, but I don't whine about paying the ticket.

I don't really care what his problem was.... follow the laws of your state, move to a state that has laws you like, or accept the consequences.

I regularly break traffic laws, but I don't whine about paying the ticket.
I agree - except I will "whine" about gun laws, while obeying them. My point of the thread was to show where eventually we are going.

We ALL whine about unconstitutional laws.... but until they change, it is what it is....

I MAY choose not to follow some gun laws.... but whatever happens to me as a result will be what it will be...

Are people that believe in the necessity of Law and Order automatically "conformists"?

I can't say I like that joke very much considering what is happening across the nation today. :(:(:(

Exactly - I just don't understand why so many cannot accept this.

'Unconstitutional' is only a concept until the laws are changed or removed to fully 'respect' constitutionality.
IMO the thing to do is change social norms back in favor of gun ownership so that we can successfully lobby to have unconstitutional laws challenged and changed.

I'm an outlaw and a believer in law and odor.... weird contradiction, I know. But when I break the law, I take my medicine, if they can catch me that is....

And the setup: why was he searched in April when found in possession of a ghost gun?
He must be a dangerous man! 🙄
If I remember the story correctly, he was pulled over and found to be a felon in possession in April. Since he was on probation, they had the right to do a search. Get out of the car, then a patdown... ooooh what ya got there??? At least he didn't try to fight them and get hisself killed!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top