JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hopefully the disease doesn't spread to OR or any other states......

SB 683 [Firearms: Firearm Safety Certificate]....Passes 28-11

SB 53 [Ammunition: Purchase permits] ...Passes 22-14
Summary: Ammunition buyer permit requirement; face-to-face ammo sales only at licensed dealers.
•Requires annual background check and permit for the purchase of ammunition.
•Requires all ammunition sales to occur face-to-face.
•Requires assistance from retail staff in a store to handle all ammunition for purchase.
•Requires ammunition vendors to submit sales records to the CA Department of Justice.

SB 396 [Firearms: Magazine Capacity] ....Passes 24-14
Summary: Magazine ban
•Criminalizes the possession of high capacity magazines regardless of the date the magazine was acquired – full retroactive ban.
•Results in a taking of property that was previously lawful.
•Requires magazine bodies to be no longer than is necessary to accommodate 10 rounds of ammunition, the spring, and the follower.
•Bans “10/30” style magazines and any factory magazine that is designed to accommodate large-frame handguns, rifles, and shotguns.

SB 755 [Firearms: Prohibited Persons] ....Passes 25-12
Summary: Expands the list of “prohibited persons”
•This bill vastly expands the list of prohibitions to firearms possession.
•SB 755 adds several misdemeanors to the list of prohibiting offenses including hazing, transferring a firearm without completing the transaction through a licensed firearms dealer, furnishing ammunition to a minor, carrying ammunition onto school grounds, and several others.
•Makes it a felony to possess a firearm if a person has been convicted of two or more crimes within a three-year period and was found to have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the commission of the crimes.
•Makes it a felony to possess a firearm if a person has been convicted of possessing any controlled substance for sale.
•Makes it a felony to possess a firearm if a person has violated any protective order that was issued due to a threat of violence.
•Prohibits the possession of a firearm during court ordered outpatient for mental illness during that treatment.

SB 47 [Firearms: Assault Weapons Bullet Buttons] ....Passes 22-14
Summary: Ban and forced registration of firearms.
•Expands the definition of “assault weapon” to include rifles that have magazines which can be removed without disassembly of the “action”.
•A firearm’s “action” is not defined in the bill, leaving it open to subjective interpretation by law enforcement officers, District Attorneys, judges, and juries.
•Owners of “off list” “bullet button”, and other “mag-locked” firearms would be required to register (at the gun owner’s expense) each gun with the DOJ by July 1, 2014, or face imprisonment and other criminal liability.
•Even after registration, transfer and inheritance of SB 47-regulated firearms would be banned – resulting in an effective taking of lawfully owned private property.

SB 374 [Firearms: Assault Weapons registration] .....Passes 23-15
Summary: Ban and forced registration of all semi-automatic rifles (including rimfire)
•Requires gun owners to register every semi-automatic rifle, including rimfire.
•Requires gun owners of existing semi-auto rifles to submit fingerprints and forms to DOJ, which will be tracked in a government database.
•Bans sales and transfers of virtually all semi-automatic rifles after Jan 1, 2014.
•“Bullet button” and similarly “mag-locked” off-list (OLL) rifles would be considered banned “assault weapons”.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It doesn't mean anything anymore. Hasn't for a long time I guess, way before I started paying attention.
Freedom for the men and women in that state and this country is being removed by more and more rules and regulations. Why cant The People see it?

The citizens/subjects of Kalifornia obviously don't read dystopian authors or history books for that matter.

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

― George Orwell

I thought it was against the Constitution to make any laws that were retroactive? But, the laws passed are pretty much illegal under the Constitution anyway.
Time for SCOTUS to be called in.

Wow, those votes are not even close!

Now is this the first chamer, or is there another vote? And I guess, when will they be signed? My brother in law lives down there, and a few cousins. Maybe I can hold onto a few of his AR mags for him :)

Wow. You can almost fry an egg on top of my head, with the heat generated from the anger this is causing me.

Paraphrasing a friend: "Feinstein, angry that she couldn't stomp her way to glory in the US Congress, came home and force-fed her crap to her own people with a snow shovel."

ALL semi autos seem to be banned now, even rimfires. No more transfer (inheritance) to family members, tracking all ammo sales, the list goes on.

just checked on calguns, seeing as all "bullet button" rifles will have to be registered as assault weapons, they are removing bullet buttons and going back to standard mag releases. No real point in in it any more.

That bastard legislature has had more bubblegum struck down at the state supreme court level than any other. Hopefully all of this will be too. Can't have armed marches on the capitol, the police will kill you there. Be grateful to be living up here, and watch what these bubblegumstick legislators do, take very careful notes and don't let it happen up here!!

You know, I am almost glad they did this. Hopefully they will suffer the same fate as IL and get smacked down by the courts and forced to loosen their laws more than they were before. It may hurt in the mean time, but hopefully it will work out in the end.

California has a weird way of doing things.

The people vote and say no about something, a judges overturns it, the people vote again and vote no, a judge overturns it, the people vote no again, a judge will overturn it again?

Just look up California's voter-approved Proposition 8.

SCOTUS 5-4 vote soon, I betcha.

California is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
It's sad to see this raping of the citizens. They are our American brothers and deserve our full support on this.

There are good people trapped there.
It's easy to heckle their politics, but be wary. This will come here also. Better to fight there, than on our soil.

if kalifornia does not honor the constitution of the United states then it no longer should be considered a part of the United states.
And citizens of the free America should not donate money to the communist states of Kalifornia by means of buying their movies which glamorize shooting people with the guns they hate so much. Hollywood is the reason the black gun has got a bad name when they make movies glamorizing gang violence and tough guys getting revenge on the bad guy with these guns.
Also we true Americans should not buy their football team jerseys, basketball jerseys, products made in the communist state of Kalifornia or visit their communist state for vacations.
you want to fight back against anti American laws then make a stand with your money. cuck falifornia!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top