JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WA Concealed Carry Soars as Political Tide Rises

New data from the Washington State Department of Licensing revealed that as of July 31, there are 627,497 active concealed pistol licenses in the state, and more than 100,000 of those are found in King County, which encompasses Seattle, the state's beehive of anti-gun activism and Democrat politics.

WA Concealed Carry Soars as Political Tide Rises - Liberty Park Press

I think we already covered this but I'll say it again. 627,497 CPL holders and only 2,457 donations to 1639 defense fund. Many of of which are from out of state.

Good observation. If all gun owners had bothered to vote, and voted NO on 1639, we wouldn't be facing this mess. 2020 is your last chance to right the ship of state. Forget about all the other issues. Your Second Amendment rights in WA are on the line.
And none of this "my vote never counts" stuff. It won't count if you don't use it, that's a certainty. Nobody even has to get up out of the easy chair. Mark your ballots and send them in.
And get ready for a pretty rough rid in January.

Dave, do you have any data on what the increase is year over year?
Any additional information on # of women?

Yeah, I do. Last year at this time, the CPL number was: 588,319. So we're up over 39,000 over the past 12 months.
Roughly 20 percent of all CPLs statewide are held by women. I'll do more on this in my Friday column, and then do a big piece sometime next week in AMMOLAND, where my byline now also appears.
Thanks for reading!

Dave, thanks tons for the response. We teach women-only firearm safety, personal protection, and home defense courses so I'm particularly interested in the % of women making up the CPLs and any other demographics you can offer. And then we need to pump up those numbers!

I hope with the new education requirements added by I-1639, a brief topic included in those classes could be the importance of the 2A and voting. This will now reach a lot more people. Any educators providing voter registration as part of their curriculum? Just a thought. Thanks Dave for all you and your organization does.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top