JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its the easy way out to have a "No Firearm" policy, can't be enforced but it keeps the corporate lawyers happy...jack wads.

Unpossible. Jackwad Newsome has assured me that guns are no longer need in the paradise of poop filled streets and water shortages

the no weapons policy is bogus

Back when driving a hack was a real job and not this stupid "ride hailing" pretend work, I knew cab drivers who wouldn't think of getting into one unarmed. They weren't tethered to an electronic system that knew who people were. When someone got into your cab, you had no idea what kind of nutball fare was getting in. And the nutballs and crooks are still out there.

The rise in this type transport is a mystery to me?

Are Ubers cheaper than a traditional taxi or...what?

That being said and while there's no guarantee that a Yellow Cab or similar would be safer than an Uber or Lyft, I'd choose a Yellow Cab, or ride a bike or walk or hitchhike before I'd step into some random person's personal vehicle.

I have less trust riding in some stranger's personal vehicle and the (to me) weirdo social media score of the driver - yeah, like I would care what he/she thinks of me as a passenger - this is crap downright Orwellian...

The rise in this type transport is a mystery to me?

Are Ubers cheaper than a traditional taxi or...what?

That being said and while there's no guarantee that a Yellow Cab or similar would be safer than an Uber or Lyft, I'd choose a Yellow Cab, or ride a bike or walk or hitchhike before I'd step into some random person's personal vehicle.

I have less trust riding in some stranger's personal vehicle and the (to me) weirdo social media score of the driver - yeah, like I would care what he/she thinks of me as a passenger - this is crap downright Orwellian...

Yes, Uber, Lyft, etc are cheaper. You need an app on a smart phone to use them. Prepay. They are cheaper because the companies that run them are willing to lose money to build business. And there are a great many part time drivers out there who are willing to work for peanuts as "contractors" a point that is under legal discussion in some places now. These so-called ride hailing services are basically unregulated in most places where they exist. You have to wonder if your driver has real commercial insurance or is driving on his personal insurance without his carrier's knowledge that he's doing it. And as a paying passenger, would you be covered in an accident.

I've wondered what would happen if I had a rifle case in hand when the Uber car shows up. Their dispatching procedure indicates a destination but may not say what it is. Like Thus and Such Gun Range.

Last Edited:
I have kin that drive those . One drove for about 20 years before the lift uber was on the seen. You learn alot about people , being in a confined space late at night with people sitting behind you that you don't know is not the place to be. If you cant stand your ground you can become prey quick. There is alot of sick people out and about After midnight. and some of them are not the ones you would expect. You see things that are best left unsaid.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top