JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BREAKING: California Law Allowing Seizure Of Guns Without Notification, If 'Potential For Violence', Begins January 1, 2016…

f003d59a5e22ee2e840f6a7067002cf5_c0-144-4263-2629_s885x516-550x321.jpg
Constitutionally dubious.
Via Washington Times:
Gun-safety legislation going into effect in California next week will allow authorities to seize a person's weapons for 21 days if a judge determines there's potential for violence.
Proposed in the wake of a deadly May 2014 shooting rampage by Elliot Rodger, the bill provides family members with a means of having an emergency "gun violence restraining order" imposed against a loved one if they can convince a judge that allowing that person to possess a firearm "poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself or another by having in his or her custody or control."
Keep reading…

icon1.png

icon1.png

f003d59a5e22ee2e840f6a7067002cf5_c0-144-4263-2629_s885x516-550x321.jpg

Good grief :rolleyes:. But, is this really of any surprise? Kalifornia has been a lost cause since the 80's. I would never live there again, and won't in any state that does not protect my 2AR's.

And note the type weapon he's holding, when they really mean anything that goes bang.

And would you just get a load of the mug on the person standing in the back... :eek:.

A judge deciding your mental state without a background showing he's qualified for that particular task,
Losing your Constitutional Rights without a jury of your peers,
Totally bypassing that whole "preponderance of the evidence rests with the state" thing that's required by law,
Because you got in an argument with your sister in law.
Right. That doesn't fall outside of due process whatsoever.

I don't mean to be a buzz kill but this is how liberty is lost. It happens in the most predictable place and people say, man... I saw this one coming... What a bunch of idiots... Glad I don't live there. Oh well that's there fault for living there and people go about their lives like nothing happened. How long before its knocking on our door step? I have a deep dark hate for the politics of the state of California like the rest of you... Probably worse and no I am no former resident of the place. No matter how you look at it, it was a huge hit to the second amendment that will not likely be reversed.

Turning family against one another is the only way that big government can reach into our homes without violating the 4th Amendment.

Making spies out of relatives is reminiscent of Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and Maoist China.

The sheeple haven't learned from history, and it will be too late when they realize they were used by tyrants. It's hard to find hope in the situation.

You
Lol! You're from Oregon and really just typed that?! Wow! Just wait and see what the liberals here have in store for us in the next few years.
You gonna be participating, showing up in Salem, or just posting on the web?

You a member of OFF? GOA? NRA??? You supporting them with any PAC donations???

See, Black Lives Matter because they show up en masse and cause a ruckus...

We don't get that kind of attention, because for the most part, we tend to not show us, as a whole...

We need to sacrifice a little to ensure our freedoms, as for me, my New Years resolution is to not miss any opportunities to be present in 2016, right in their faces...

It will be interesting see if someone who has "a potential for violence" decides they aren't going to just nicely hand over their guns when the cops show up to take them. I would be interested to see how many officers it would take to "confiscate" them.

And what if the person already buried them in a hole, hide them well or disposed of them? They can't be held in jail indefinitely. What then?

Libturds just running around saying "there oughta be a law" doesn't make everyone safer; but then again, they are the picture of the definition of "insanity" there in Kommiefornia.

I upgraded from annual NRA membership to a lifetime membership earlier this month; my Christmas present to myself. I've also been stockpiling mags and ammo in preparation for what direction I see this liberal cesspool heading in. As soon as I figure I have enough on hand, I'll throw some more money at the gun rights supporters.

You realize the majority of the BLM idiots are paid "actors" bused in from out of town and have no other job/responsibilities, right?

The biggest thing I'm going to do is vote with my feet and return to a free state just as soon as I'm able to.

And as you said about California, Oregon deserves exactly what they get by voting in liberals.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads